Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punk Buster?

• 07-06-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Pretty new to this game and gaming in general, but getting quickly addicted.

Have been playing COD the past few nights, but am often being kicked from games by a " punk buster " - can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iRich

Punkbuster is the anticheat software that runs with the game which is to stop people from cheating online.

Make sure you set punkbuster to "on" in your multiplayer options.

Punkbuster can kick people for a number of reasons including bad/disallowed name, pinging out while trying to update your punkbuster client file and if you have disallowed net settings such as /cl_maxpackets 30, /com_maxfps 333 or /snaps 30. It should tell you why you were kicked in all cases anyway.

Good luck gaming <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

thanks mate.

my user name is " bjj master " as in brazilian jiu jitsu, so it's probably taking the bj as a different meaning!!

i'll rename.

Thanks a million,

Paul
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

thanks mate.

my user name is " bjj master " as in brazilian jiu jitsu, so it's probably taking the bj as a different meaning!!

i'll rename.

Thanks a million,

Paul
    ;)
    I don't think that's your problem at all mirwillbeback. Give us the error message you keep getting (if you didn't gwt it sorted yet).

Stefano,

I'll post up this evening when i get the message. Thanks mate.

ok just got booted, says disconnected via punk buster, comfail, violation # 132?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

You using vista like these poor bastards?
    http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34785

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

kinkstr wrote:
    You using vista like these poor bastards?
    http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34785
    Indeed, I believe Kinkstr is right. Looks like a Vista issue...

Could you try running CoD2 as Administrator (Right mouse click on .exe, select properties then Compatability tab then check the "Run as Administrator" box)?

Advertisement