Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on selling equipment.

• 07-06-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I am looking to sell a Technics 1200 turntable and a Pioneer DJM-600.
    I have absolutley no clue how much I should be looking for etc. I was thinking about doing it on ebay but I know that as they are both heavy enough shipping would be a lot. I also have a Stanton Trackmaster 2 SK-mp.
    I have absolutley no idea what some of the stuff I have here is and consequently dont know how much to sell it for.

Any advice would be much appreciated. All of the items work perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

Buy and sell, forums should do the trick for you. Be prerpared to wait it out for a month or so. Music equipment can be slow to sell sometimes but you will generally get rid of it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Any idea what kind of pricing I should put on them? I have the manual for the djm-600 but not for the turntable and neither come with original boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

shoutman wrote:
    Any idea what kind of pricing I should put on them? I have the manual for the djm-600 but not for the turntable and neither come with original boxing.

About 70% of the thomann.de price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

70 % of thomann.de price!!!
    goodluck to ya, your in the second hand relm now, general rule is 50% of cost unless they're in immaculate condition then you can bump up to 60%. Do a search on Buy&Sell's website you'll see the prices technics go for. I always see a couple of sets for around the 600 Euro mark. As for the Djm depends on the condition, you might have better luck selling em separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

70 % of thomann.de price!!!
    goodluck to ya, your in the second hand relm now, general rule is 50% of cost unless they're in immaculate condition then you can bump up to 60%. Do a search on Buy&Sell's website you'll see the prices technics go for. I always see a couple of sets for around the 600 Euro mark. As for the Djm depends on the condition, you might have better luck selling em separately.

It's not completely out there. Considering I see a lot of stuff being sold in the buy and sell at OVER the thomann RRP (MicroKorgs for example) - and I often ring up to check to see what it sold at - then 70% of the thomann.de ono isn't the worst starting point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

Technics: e600 for the pair
    DJM: e500

You could get greedy but they just wont sell, pound a penny these days to come across a DJM or a set of techs. Don't worry about the manuals, ain't worth a w@nk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

Post the DJM up for sale on the dancemusicireland.com forum, someone will buy it off ya. can I say dancemusicireland.com on this site? probably can't. ridiculous

Advertisement