Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing the name of a minor?

• 07-06-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll be marrying my soul mate in a little under two weeks and I’m really looking forward to it.

She has kids from a previous relationship however and they want to take my name too, can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about this, if it’s feasible even.

I’m not even sure if this is the right forum for this but as ever any help will be very gratefully received.

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Are you planning on adopting or just looking to change the children's names ?
    Have you spoken to the chidlren about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi all,

As a family we talked about all the issues around me and their mother getting married and the kids decided that they wanted to change their names / have me adopt them.

Who would change kids names without talking to them first!

Their bio father is still living so I would reakon adoption wouldn't work which is why I asked about changing their names.

Thanks for the reply,

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well if he is not on the birthcert then they can be adopted or if he will sign over his parental rights.

There is nothign to stop your wife to be naming you as legal gaurdian to the childern as they may have more then one.

For a childs name change it is requested by the children's parent/s and submitted, this may cause some issues depending on the status and parental rights of thier bio father.

Name changes are done by usage or legaly by deed poll.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/birth-family-relationships/problems-in-marriages-and-relationships/changing_your_name_by_deed_poll

Advertisement