Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mosaic floor tiles for wetroom

• 07-06-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of mosaic tiles used in a wet room? I am thinking of matt-glazed ceramic and have been told that the grout makes them anti-slip, but another shop said that they would be slippery.

Also the 'rough' finished marble mosaic has to be treated - only once, one place said; every couple of years someone else said, and the tiler said don't get them at all for floors they don't stay clean because they are absorbant. One shop said they use them all the time for wetrooms, another said they are too sharp edged for floors.

I heard vaguely of some sort of guaranteed non-slip mosaic that is made for the purpose, but I haven't tracked it down yet.

Can anyone help with any actual experience of mosaic floor tiles? Any observations would be appreciated. (I am only concerned with mosaic at the moment). Thanks.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Right, not sure what some of them are on but here is my 2 cents!!

We have them in our wetroom, have a look at the link in my sig.

They are not sharp or not slippy. The grout did not make them any less slippy as the tiles are raised on the edge so u are not making contact with the grout.
    The reason the tiler does not like them is that they can be tricky to put down, my brother charges more per sq m when doing them.

We did not seal them either and they don't seem to be absorbing the water either!!

U can buy the mad expensive mosiac which have a rough edge but to be honest in our experience I don';t see why, still paid over 100 euro per sq yard though for ours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some nice pics there Yop, your wetroom floor (and the rest of it) looks good. Do you know what kind of tiles they are? (Marble/ceramic ? etc) Thanks for the info

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The mosiaic are ceramic tile looksee.

Thanks, worth all the work, but plenty of "features" if u look close enough ;)

Advertisement