Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 07-06-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there are similar threads floating about, I can't get the fecking search to work.

I'm in the process of designing a high-colour tattoo with a lot of detail and very clean lines, and I'm having trouble choosing an artist to do it for me.
    So far I've narrowed it down to either Gavin of Zulu or Jani in Wildcat. I haven't really heard many people rave about Jani as I have with Gavin, but I've had a good look at his work and it seems to be very high quality. Have any of you dealt with either of them personally, and if so what are your opinions? Obviously I've already had a chat with both of them, but I'm really just looking for a bit of feedback from other people who've had things done by them. The colour is the main thing I'm after, I want it to be very vivid. Fantasy_Suicide I'm looking at you! Do you know of anybody better even?

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks very much!

Edit: I should also mention I want a lot of shading and blending as well, not just blocks of solid colour. So the artist would have to be generally good all round. Demanding eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Jani's arm is broken so you'll be waiting a while if that's an issue. Both are extremely good at what you're looking for so I recommend just going to their shops and looking at portfolios to see which one's work you like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I agree with Sean7,
    The two of them are very good at what they do but it will be down to your own personal choice in the end. Go have a chat with both and check their portfolios and then make your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

My vote goes for justin, I'm not too fond of jani's use of colours, he's a good tattooist but there's soemthing I'm not fond of in his colour use, Personal opinion though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

As I said I've already looked at both of their portfolios and chatted to both of them ;) I'm just looking to hear other people's personal experiences because I'm torn between the two, I really like both their stuff. I know it's a personal decision in the end, just trying to make it a bit easier!

Amazingemmet, personal opinion is what I'm looking for! Have you had stuff done by Justin? To be honest I didn't even look at his portfolio.

Edit: Ok I didn't actually say I'd looked at their portfolios, but that went hand in hand with going in and talking to them :p

If you want personal opinion, for a portrait I'd go to Justin.

• Advertisement

Hmm, two votes for Justin. Spose I better check out his portfolio too! Does he have anything online do ya know? Thanks :)

Inked Nation profile:
    http://www.inkednation.com/r/r.cfm?t=9&DisplayUser_ID=21136

you must be logged in to see his profile pics.
    Zulu website might have some too but last time I looked at it they had nothing up.

Great, thanks very much!

Advertisement