Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermawrap

Options
  • 07-06-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has used this product;
    http://www.thermawrap.co.uk/loft_wrap.html

If so what are the verdicts? If anyone has any views on it please let me know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

I saw that aswell....i was more wondering if anyone here had used these products, and if so ho did they find them working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Haven't actually used it myself but i did a bit of research into them a while back for a work project and the 'quoted' U-values were pretty impressive considering it doesn't look like much. They are used for the floor insulation on some Classroom / Office pods, where they are lapped over the metal joists, although the finishing at the end of a row is supposed to be quite hard to do properly. The guy I spoke to used a lot of it and he reckons it is the way forward for his type of work (Pods). I think the brand he used was called YBS insulation, in Yorkshire. I do remain sceptical about the values they quote however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

In the UK they have very active Building Control (similar to our old bye laws) I read in other manufacturers data sheets that the 25mm space is vital for the product to work at all, the wording on that site is something like "preferable".

The U Values have been called into question by many different sources however we must take account of the fact that there are a lot of existing insulation manufacturers with a market to protect.

What I did find interesting is some (UK) county council building control officers accept products like these at face value while neighbouring councils will not allow them at all.

They have been available here for a number of years, initially they did not have IAB certification I'm not sure as to there status now.

They are not cheap products but if they are as good as they claim I wouldn't expect them to be cheap if anything dearer due to the flexibility of the product.

If you are thinking of using them I would suggest asking for the British and Irish Agrement Certificates, careful reading of these documents can reveal a lot about a product very often in what is not covered.

Advertisement