Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranges

Options
  • 07-06-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Kildare

Im Looking For A Public/private Range In The Naas/newbridge/kildare Area To Shoot,does Anyone Know Of A Rifle Club Or Range In This Area Where I Can Shoot
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Don't know of one off the top of my head I'd say you'll have to travel to Dublin or the Midlands to get to a decent range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DOGWOOD

Cheers.theres is a range in tullamore,whats the story with shooting there do you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

DOGWOOD wrote:
    Cheers.theres is a range in tullamore,whats the story with shooting there do you know.

No problem, you can turn up and hire a rifle, buy ammo and targets and be on the range in ten minutes.

You can also join as it's a club. No idea as to what that entitles you to, but it's about the same level as other clubs pricewise (around €300 to join and €250 annually).

They have 50m, 100m, 300yd, 600yd, clays and 25m Pistol.

Plans to put in a 1000yd range as well I believe.

Directions to get there using the N4/M4 are in the 'Upcoming Competitions' thread under the [June 23-24] NTSA competition announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

its 550 euro to join first time and renewal is 265

non-members are only allowed to shoot .22lr, anything else and you need to be a member

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:

non-members are only allowed to shoot .22lr, anything else and you need to be a member

The first time fee includes annual membership for the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

If you have your own rifle and a non member its rimfire only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DOGWOOD

thanks

What about blessington is there one there it might be nearer for me

the other thing is i have my own rifle which ive had for years
    its a walther .22 model one semiauto/boltaction,there are only open sights on this
    and only one grove for a scope mount,i would like to mount a scope on it.
    I have an appollo 10x scope which would do me. but is it worth the hassle of mounting a scope on a rifle this old.

ive seen one like it years ago with a scope mounted in watts on the queys in dublin (thats a while ago now maybe twenty years).

does anyone know anyone with a model one or have any info on it

cheers for the help

I've sent you a PM there DOGWOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Vegeta wrote:

€550 now :eek: I thought it was €400 for new members?

That's a shocking increase IMO :eek: .

• Advertisement
Advertisement