Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request: Cheap Beer Deals this weekend

• 07-06-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

Any special offers floating round this weekend ? Have a gang of people coming over for a BBQ and want to have the cold beer stocked up

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not really much in the papers today but supervalu have these:

miller 20 bottles for 21.99

budweiser 24 for 23.99

heino 20 for 22.99

stella artios 24 for 19.99

all bottles and quotas dont apply :)

edit: just found this
    molloys are selling 20 miller for 16.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tesco (Dundrum anyway) have 20 bottles miller for 16.99 I think (well, 16.something).
    I shall be going there swiftly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

25% off some beers in tesco.. miller 20 bottles for 16.49. i think it's still running anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Why are there never any discounts on cider? I'd love to get a couple of dozen bottles of Bulmers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

andrew1977 wrote:
    Any special offers floating round this weekend ? Have a gang of people coming over for a BBQ and want to have the cold beer stocked up
    Lidl is always worth a punt. Plus if you can stretch to 150 lids, the bulk ice-cube maker is well worth it for the BBQ. Nothing like bottles of beer in big buckets of ice-cubes FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

24 bottles of Wernesgruner in aldi is €23.96 (4 sixpacks) but bates that american pissdishwater hands down anyday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Was in Tesco Tullamore last night.

Good offers on Heiniken and Fosters.

15 long neck bottles for €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

snappieT wrote:
    Why are there never any discounts on cider? I'd love to get a couple of dozen bottles of Bulmers...
    prob coz it sells so well, especially in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

wba88 wrote:
    prob coz it sells so well, especially in the summer

Ahh and i remember the day well when cider was the poor man's drink.

Back in the 80's it was a fraction of the price of beer cause nobody drank it! (only poor teenagers with little or no money like me back then):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

Tescos in Maynooth had 20 bottles of heineken for €17.50 (not much left though) and then 20 bottles of miller for €16.99

Still working my way through the box of Bud from Dunnes last weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

colmranger wrote:
    Back in the 80's it was a fraction of the price of beer cause nobody drank it!
    They upped the tax on it a lot a few years ago, thats why it costs more now for standard ciders (exclude bulmers since you are paying for adverts). 10 years ago cans of 6% cider were the same price as 5% beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Sponge Bob wrote:
    24 bottles of Wernesgruner in aldi is €23.96 (4 sixpacks) but bates that american pissdishwater hands down anyday .

Yeah, it's good stuff alright.

Devenys in Rathmines always has a stock of 'soon to expire' beer going cheap.. Usually some really good imported beer that you can't usually get here...

But the Aldi stuff for me..(trick is only buy beer in Aldi if it isn;t specificly packaged for them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Tesco in Dooradoyle still have full pallets of Miller (20 for 16.49) and Bud on the shop floor today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

colmranger wrote:
    Ahh and i remember the day well when cider was the poor man's drink.

Back in the 80's it was a fraction of the price of beer cause nobody drank it! (only poor teenagers with little or no money like me back then):rolleyes:

I remember buying a 2.5l bottle on the way home from school, was £1.12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

24x330ml stella is 17 in obriens (last weekend anyway)

beware of 3.8% carlsberg bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Anyone know of a deal for cans or why there never seems to be any? :confused:
    While all these deals for bottles are great (usually prefer them to cans anyway), with festival season about 2 kick off bottles are not going to be any good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

16 500ml cans of fosters for €20 in tesco, plenty available there today, should be ok for your fest needs:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

20 x 330ml miller for €16.49 in supervalue talbot street , picked one up on the way out of town :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ch750536 wrote:
    I remember buying a 2.5l bottle on the way home from school, was £1.12

Hope you were a teacher in the school and not a pupil! Suppose all the junior certs will stock up for next weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Lidl in Fermoy were selling Brahma beer for 4e for 4x330ml bottles. Good value iirc, about a third or more cheaper than in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

Superquinn have 24 Warsteiner for 16.99!!!! Enjoy!

Also Spar seem to be doing 6 polish beers for 6! down from 9.99. Can't remember the name on the beer though but the can's were reddish and the name started with a k!, still 6 for 6 aint bad - even if the beer is!

Advertisement