Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1 (HL)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Does anyone else think 2hrs 50 is way too long for paper I??

Nope. Did the comps slowly but surely...essay took a good while, and had to re-read it and correct mistakes. Finished about 3 minutes before time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

2 h 50 mins is sufficient time .... unlike in other subjects like Business in particular where you every last millisecond of time they give you.
    Overall paper 1 in Irish went well, particularly the Essay or in my case the alt. The tape was a dream come true:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

my teacher has always said your allowed to write an aiste on the sceal titles..never looked into it as i thought thered always be an aiste i could do, until today that is, anyone know if hes right? i ended up doing an aiste on tacaiocht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

E92 wrote:
    2 h 50 mins is sufficient time .... unlike in other subjects like Business in particular where you every last millisecond of time they give you.
    Personaly I dont find that with business.. Im always finished very early. Geography is another story however.. thats a long exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

Marshy wrote:
    Was I the only one who did the TG4 essay? Wasnt bad at all, easy to talk about in detail also.

Overall happy with Paper 1. Although slightly less confident over Paper 2.

i'm surprised the whole country didnt have an essay prepared on TG4! it was obviously going to come up, being 10 years old when they set the paper back in november. very easy to do as well, i was delighted when i saw it!
    the léamhthuiscints were very straightforward, there wasn't even any difficult vocab, and the tape was a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

I did the essay on young people being disrespectful and dis honest. I dont think it was great though and it lacked alot of structure, i just kind of waffled on senselessly for a few pages. is 3 nd a half pages about average btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

No, you were speaking to an international group of something or another. You had to base your talk around the problems with the daoine gan dídean i mBaile Átha Cliath. I gave a brief synopsis about what my organisation did at the start, started on about the problems and finished with a "WE NEED MORE MONEY YIS BASTARDS" plea. All in all, I think it was solid.

daoine gan dídean in Ireland in general, not just BAC. I sort of disregarded the whole idirnaisiunta thing, I didn't even think about it until reading these posts now. My thing at the start addressed friends and colleagues though, so that might be okay. And I did a paragraph on how we should copy the French...so....hopefully......

Advertisement