Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cluastuiscint

Options
  • 07-06-2007 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Well, what'd ye all think?

I thought it was unbelievably easy. There was a hell of a lot of Donegal Irish which, needless to say, suited me down to the ground. The third comhrá in cuid B was a tad tricky, but the rest was really really easy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah predictably easy. Can't imagine anyone talking as deliberately or slowly in real life though. Cuid B is hilarious. Found bits of Cuid C tricky, like the question on that Padraig O Connaire lad in the middle.

Trying to figure out the Irish for hooker for the boat in the last cuid. Had "hooker" down and realised that was english, almost changed it to striapach.....but eventually settled on 'hucair'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dont know which level your doing, but I found it all quite easy. Which sections were the donegal irish on? I have an answer for everything, know two of them are wrong, but am quite confidant about the rest, which makes about 112 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Loved it.. Doin HL
    Was all pretty nice. Didnt notice too much Donegal irish, i can never understand it. They spoke nice and slow which helped. I got everything in the last section, which I always do terrible in. So I was delighted with that. No doubt I'll lose a few marks on spelling tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Found it hard to keep a straight face during this exam tbh. It was ridiculously easy (like last year) and the accents were hilarious. I'm confident I got 90/100 at the very least.It would have been nice to hear what some actual spoken Irish sounds like though. In contrast to a bunch of vocally trained actors shouting at each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Those damn old ppl impersonating us young ppl :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

What's this about a hooker??

Steve 01 wrote:
    Found it hard to keep a straight face during this exam tbh

Quote from Irish Aural 2007: "WWW....PUNK...RANGANNA...PUNK....COM"

I mean, how easy can you make it. And in an old mans voice!

EDIT: Yeah, wasnt that lad the skipper(not that I put it down, due to doing OL)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bit trickier tha past years but still very managable (OL) - our CD kept clicking, but we all agreed to continue playing and we got a couple of fógraí an extra time...maybe it'l get marked easier :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

It was real easy but the leamhthuiscint was hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Ridiculously easy imo - that Ponc ranganna Ponc was so funny, everyone in the hall lol'ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Ridiculously easy imo - that Ponc ranganna Ponc was so funny, everyone in the hall lol'ed.

Ah but did yous mention the phone ;) I couldnt get the number so reverted to the generic 'ar an fon'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

OSTAN BLOOMFIELD. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

One of the ladies on the tape was my old Irish teacher. Naomh was her name on the tape I think. I couldnt stop laughing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

Mushy wrote:

by FAR the funniest thing of the whole exam... ahahahahhahahahaha

there was a fella in my class and although everyone tried to hold it in, he just burst out laughing :p

and here, not to be the retard in the group, but i kiiiiiiinda found some parts hard. as in, i say i got about 50% in it.. haha (but then again, i do NOT get listening. can never hear the answer or understand the ****e)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Mushy wrote:
    Dont know which level your doing, but I found it all quite easy. Which sections were the donegal irish on? I have an answer for everything, know two of them are wrong, but am quite confidant about the rest, which makes about 112 marks.
    There was a few Gweedore accents in there. Not quite sure where, though the second bloke in Cuid A definitely was Gweedore.

And about the WWW...PUNC...RANGANNA...PUNC...COM bit, how many of ye wrote down the number with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

moi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

haha,,, what a total joke that tape was!! have to say it was the easiest i've ever done!! wooo higher level irish lol

lol - i like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

rofl, the site actually exists, the question is, how much did they have to pay to get that kind of advertising....

I found it really easy, everyone was sitting idle for the third listenings in cuid B. Funniest thing "What are men always thinking about?" hmm.... only in the leaving cert...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I thought it was easy enough. Loved the comhra on the cinema thought that was soo easy :D
    But I do honours and I was soo pissed to find out ord. get like a 30 min break while hons. get like 10 mins. it was actually 5 mins for me as the superviser insisted we be in our seats by 25 past 4. Priiiick.

Ugh...

Ah but did yous mention the phone ;) I couldnt get the number so reverted to the generic 'ar an fon'
    hah me too..didn't have time to write down fiddly numbers.

I didnt write down the numbers with that website. Sure it only required one thing IIRC. Also, what was with Croke Park being an answer for two things within about 3 mins. of each other? That is, of course, if Croke Park was the answer for the two:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Mushy wrote:
    I didnt write down the numbers with that website. Sure it only required one thing IIRC. Also, what was with Croke Park being an answer for two things within about 3 mins. of each other? That is, of course, if Croke Park was the answer for the two:D
    Different context though. It wasn't as though they asked "where's bertie opening such and a such" followed by "Where's do the chicks with sticks (camogie, for those who didn't hear this oh so hilarious slogan they use) play their All-Ireland Final".

why will it be an historic event?
    well, because soccer will be played in croke park, but, more importantly, because pádraig will be there.

cocoa wrote:
    why will it be an historic event?
    well, because soccer will be played in croke park, but, more importantly, because pádraig will be there.

nehehe. please tell me you wrote this down :)

damn right I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Was it www . punk ranganna .com
    or www. ranganna.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Áit amháin a bhfuil eolas ar fáil faoi na ranganna

Exam Paper

Website or phone number was enough, definately only needed one.
    cabla wrote:
    Was it www . punk ranganna .com
    or www. ranganna.com

Second one - www.rangana.com. Surprisingly that's not a website :p

Thats nuts...up already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

www.ranganna.com is there alrgith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Ye just noticed that myself.... and just realised i made a stupid mistake... i wrote down 916756378 for the phone number instead of 016753678... mixed up the 0 and 9.... ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nearly started laughing when your man was all 'A woman taoiseach? You must be dreaming! That's what comes from reading all these novels of yours!', and the next one, the girl moaningggg about the cinema, except she was annoying too..

Couldn't get what she was going on about for Titanic/Troy..a few disjointed words there..and for the opening of a museum, something about the local TD, couldn't figure out what he was doing with the money?

Donegal Irish was a bit annoying, but not incomprehensible...weird they say 'ba moooo' instead of mó and eh, mrá..weird. Apart from that, it was fine.

Advertisement