Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cluastuiscint

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Titanic and troy had big setts and had loads of people in them.. It was basicly your mans idea of a good movie. Whereas her idea of a good movie was one with a good story.. as said further on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Donegal Irish was a bit annoying, but not incomprehensible...weird they say 'ba moooo' instead of mó and eh, mrá..weird. Apart from that, it was fine.
    Do you not find that Donegal Irish is a lot slower and a good bit clearer? Obviously I'd have some biased towards Donegal Irish, but I often find Kerry Irish and Connemara Irish to be a lot faster and harder to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Unbelivabley easy!! Comhra a Tri was a bit odd though. Hopefully, it was ok because I need to make it up - Paper 2 is my worst!!:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Do you not find that Donegal Irish is a lot slower and a good bit clearer? Obviously I'd have some biased towards Donegal Irish, but I often find Kerry Irish and Connemara Irish to be a lot faster and harder to understand.

I used to absolutely hate it, but was in a Donegal gaeltacht 2 years ago, coláiste na rosann, and it's a good bit clearer to me now. My Irish would be a mixture of dialects..different primary teachers blahh, but the fact that Donegal pronounces some things completely different can throw me, but nothing too bad in that one, thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

cabla wrote:
    Was it www . punk ranganna .com
    or www. ranganna.com

punk is the irish for "dot", as in .com... i think it's spelt ponc. i always thought they called it "stad" on aural exams though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

The one really odd pronounciation for me was the way yer one Niamh in Comhrá a Dó pronounced "lorg".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Couldn't get what she was going on about for Titanic/Troy..a few disjointed words there..and for the opening of a museum, something about the local TD, couldn't figure out what he was doing with the money?

I wrote down "Seiteanna Bluaranta" as in, what I heard in phonetics, but apparently it was Móra.

I *think* it was that the TD provided the money for the museum? But I'm by no means in any way certain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Ya found it grand think most people found it ok..Are you suppose to get time at the start to read over it? Our one just put it one straightaway and we had little or no time to read the questions?:confused:

Advertisement