Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1(OL)

Options
  • 07-06-2007 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭

Couldnt see one of these things here.

How did everybody find it? I thought it was easy enough, comprehensions were amazingly simple. Letter was kindaa beatch, but got enough out of it to make sense. Scéal was alright, just go off to a concert, come home and the door is open:D

As for the listening. That would have been harder if the script was given to me. Hope everyone else found it the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

for my listening it started to skip very baddly on last 3 parts.. had to wait to get a new tap player and we heard the last part around 6 times.... still did ****, irish not my strong front..

letter was ok.. not my best not my worse, nerly got cought out with writing home, had another re look at it to find i had to write to france.

chomra was a bithc hated it.

hope i got my D3 :D

btw anyone have good sites for notes for paper 2 ?no idea whats comming up and need to get good marks to push grade up so i didnt fail :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

1 page long essay, 1 page long story, each paragraph wrote out for the comprehension.

that should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Aural went brilliant, answered everything.

Comprehensions were so easy.

I only wrote a page and a bit for sceal and the same for letter.

Is that too short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i worte a page for both... i know people who only did half a page

i haven't done any irish since i got a D in HL for the JC.

at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Finished the paper in 47 minutes... Hahah, so easy! My story was about me crashing into aoife ni thuairisc and falling in love... ahahahahah. I did the comhra with my principal iswell, such a basic exam. Im contemplating not going into paper 2, its only like 18%.

yeah i probably have it passed too already, think i may have got most the tape, even though i broke into a fit of laughing when the moment the examiner preesed play, an ice-cream machine started right outsidfe the window.

i have arranged a lift home an hour before the exam ends tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I did a Page and 1/2 for Sceal, is this too short? I did the one where the door was open or something,...I said at the beginning, the door was open and a man came out to kidnap me and the story continues from there...is this ok?

As for the Letter, 1.5 pages long but the addresses waist 8 lines and that....is this too short?????Or what????

Also, for quoting directly from the text, can u get full marks or just 6/10 or 8/10....for doing that and not in ur own words???

Lucas10101 wrote:
    I did a Page and 1/2 for Sceal, is this too short? I did the one where the door was open or something,...I said at the beginning, the door was open and a man came out to kidnap me and the story continues from there...is this ok?

As for the Letter, 1.5 pages long but the addresses waist 8 lines and that....is this too short?????Or what????

Also, for quoting directly from the text, can u get full marks or just 6/10 or 8/10....for doing that and not in ur own words???

what sort of score are you aiming for?

my story was about me getting scared from some man in my house, who wound up bieng my brother or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

aiming to even just get a D3.....as long as I pass I don't care.

• Advertisement

Lucas10101 wrote:
    aiming to even just get a D3.....as long as I pass I don't care.

you're grand then. that's better than me, and i got 47% in the mocks purely from that paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

2 page long sceal - one I have been writing since first year :D Litir was harder, did the French thingy one. Around a page. Comprehensions... I think I might have got one wrong in each or something but I don't care about Irish - I just wanna pass it basically

EDIT: I quoted from the text.. thought that was acceptable? ah well

EDIT2: Lucas, it says half a page as the set length!

my friend is after telling me that we done letter ii informally and we're gonna lose most the marks now?

nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

OMg i ****ed up tape , soo upset !!
    i done 3/4 letter, half page sceal, 3/4 page comhra (just done 3 for fun)
    Is it hard 2 fail irish ?? i done so bad in tape i dont tink paper 2 can help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

That paper was such a joke, I dropped down to pass irish at Christmas and haven't done any work since but that test was so easy. It only took just over half an hour.....and the listening.......don't even get me started. Im only going in for P2 so I can beat a guy in my class and win a bet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

That paper was such a joke, I dropped down to pass irish at Christmas and haven't done any work since but that test was so easy. It only took just over half an hour.....and the listening.......don't even get me started. Im only going in for P2 so I can beat a guy in my class and win a bet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That person who just has a big line as their username, I just did it informally, it should e ok. Surely you got to know them, so informal would be fine. We may lose feck all though, as its only the layout thats different. Once you have some standard of Irish, it should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

this was defo one of the easiest exams i have ever sat!!:D:D it was nearly 2 easy!!lol,,,the comps were all straight forward!! sceal i did a robber sa teach:),,litir french thing,,very easy!! nd the tape was piece of cake!! defo got an A in paper 1!!

Any tips 4 paper 2!!! what poems do ya think will come up!! do ya think any 4m last yr could still come up again!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

35 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Piss easy paper. Seen as it is my sole OL I only need a pass. Would have got 90-100 in the comprehensions alone! 240 marks needed, what a strole. Surely I have passed it already!

• Advertisement
Advertisement