Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniform

Options
  • 07-06-2007 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Do school staff have the right to force us to wear our uniform during the exams considering we're not students anymore? I was told to put my uniform back on today just cos i had my shirt unbuttoned. I will not have my attempts at my exams impeded as a result of being suffocated in a heavy uniform under this summer sun. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I don't think any teachers are allowed into your exam centre actually. That was the case when I was the attendant outside. Noone was allowed in except me (to bring tea), the students and the examiners. (actually I think the teacher incharge of orgainising it might have gone in too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

yeah, its the same in our school... i suppose they cant technically kick you our of the exam, but all ours said was were using their school and must stick by the school rules as were still in it.. yada yada

(saying that, people are gradually not wearing it.. lol as in everyday there's another person that wears runners in, and doesnt wear the jumper.. then the next day someone wears tracksuit bottoms instead etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭heartwork93

Well she came in just before the exam started. Im tryin to do my goddamn exams, im under enough stress as it it for ***** to be throwin the book at me

Hmm.. I think the gov. pays to keep the exam centres open but I could be wrong :D

It's not that hot anyway

The gov.?
    Man im right in in the beamin light for the afternoon exams. it sux serious balls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Tomorrow is the last day I ever have to wear my uniform. We had to wear it for the first three days only.

Why?

lucky gits.. :( and what's this about it not being hot!

I HAVE SUN BURN!

i do pass irish, and me and easily 50 other people finished within the first hour, so had to wait like 2hours before the listening! :p

sat in the sun and my GOD it was hott!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

No uniform all yeasr round....boooyea!

Ah here now i was quite enjoyin that sun out on the grass.

• Advertisement

ditto.. :(

after maths aswel, we had about a 2hour break too and between that and the one in between irish i was toasted!

Patricide wrote:
    No uniform all yeasr round....boooyea!

'Proiivate schouul'.....
    Or what ever tralee scobies sound like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Ah here now i was quite enjoyin that sun out on the grass.
    Likewise. Everyone's strangely in a great mood. The sun only affects the junior cert losers too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

We have to wear our uniforms as well. Im so glad im not in the glare of the sun.

We were told on the last day of school that if we didnt wear our full uniforms we would be sitting our exam in a different school. To keep the atmosphere of study or something, I dont know. Doesnt bother me.

But I dont think she had any right telling you to button your shirt, you need to be confortable.

Yea, its weird that the leavin cert has been mad casual so far.

Agri_trust wrote:
    We have to wear our uniforms as well. Im so glad im not in the glare of the sun.

We were told on the last day of school that if we didnt wear our full uniforms we would be sitting our exam in a different school. To keep the atmosphere of study or something, I dont know. Doesnt bother me.

But I dont think she had any right telling you to button your shirt, you need to be confortable.

Thankyou! some teachers just cant seem to get off their high horse durin the summer. assholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

We're threatened with this every year but they really can't enforce it. If they say they'll stop you sitting it (doubtful), call their bluff, and get about 30 or 40 of you to come in in normal clothes.
    2 days into the exams - they won't follow through.
    In fairness, after graduation you're not their students - you do not have to follow every rule, especially ones which could affect the exams ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

Yea, its weird that the leavin cert has been mad casual so far.

Ya...its being total casual......thought it would be more strict???!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

uniform?? we dont have to wear yours but your using their premises as an exam centre so they are entitled to make and inforce d rules!

Also has any one been suprised how relaxed the examiners are like our exams have been starting like 10minutes early.

Ah well nearly done......well kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

We have to wear ours for English, Maths and Gaeilge. I don't mind- I feel more in 'test mode' when I'm wearing it. I'll probably wear it the whole time, picking out clothes to wear every day would stress me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

The gov.?
    Man im right in in the beamin light for the afternoon exams. it sux serious balls

eh I was beside a radiator. IT WAS TURNED ON. My school makes no sense. They don't turn on the rads til mid November, and leave them on thru June??

Of course I just demanded it be turned off, I have a great spot beside the wall why would I want to be moved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

inside in d exam centre is ttly casual im sur ppl wud gt away wi cheatin surprisingly dnt tnk ne1 has tried yet...bt d principals havn a baby cz we wnt wear our ties...she even rang hme...she tld my friend dat she'd stop her from sittn d maths if she didn change into her proper shoes..my friends calld her bluff n she js walkd off...i didnt EVER wear a tie n im def nt startn nw...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

'Proiivate schouul'.....
    Or what ever tralee scobies sound like....
    private school indeed, still though its not like dublin where all the private schools are retarded cost 30 grand and everyones a ponce.

And do i seem like the type of guy whos a scobe haha :P .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yep, uniform for every exam. In a hall, and the sun at the start of an exam is halfway acorss the hall...then it starts moving towards me at the edge..bent. Had to squint at the figures on my calculator, and my water and pens start to boil..faggotry. I don't really mind about the uniform, hasn't been super-unbearably-hot yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

i havent worn a full unifrom in 2 years and nobodys said anything to me, teachers here get really anal about uniform for others, but years of student council and other crap has got me privilages,

cossyx wrote:
    inside in d exam centre is ttly casual im sur ppl wud gt away wi cheatin surprisingly dnt tnk ne1 has tried yet...bt d principals havn a baby cz we wnt wear our ties...she even rang hme...she tld my friend dat she'd stop her from sittn d maths if she didn change into her proper shoes..my friends calld her bluff n she js walkd off...i didnt EVER wear a tie n im def nt startn nw...

hmmmm..... wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

cossyx wrote:

Oh boy, the corrector of your english exam is gonna really love you - NOT!

But then again, you're not alone. I'm a supervisor and happened to see what an Hons English student wrote as part of an essay yesterday. My God, the spelling was chronic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I wear normal clothes as does everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Doesnt bother me as much as i thought it would, I dont even bother wearing a jumper anymore, just shirt and trousers. Another good thing is the room im in is on the side of the school where the sun doesnt shine, so im nice and cool during my exams :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

My school seems like the only school in the country where we dont have 2 wear out uniform 4 the exams is it?! its waaaay better, we can wear shorts and stuff, its roasting in there!

Advertisement