Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniform

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

oasisfan wrote:
    Also has any one been suprised how relaxed the examiners are like our exams have been starting like 10minutes early.

mine all started 5 minutes early, and ended a couple of minutes late as well! they give people so much time to finish writing, i thought they'd just grab the answer books from people if they went over time!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

first day there was half and half wearing and not wearing uniform...second day two pple wearin it...today none...twas grand as after irish paper1 we had enuf time to get a decent game of footy in bforethe listenin in our nice air conitioned shorts!! haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Never have to wear it again, sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wayy not fair, we're not allowed turn over the paper until half, then time up whenever time's up and no later. Could've done with extra few minutes in english and irish paper 2's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The uniform thing is usually only needed for a couple of days until the supervisor is used to the faces in his/her room. It's to make sure no-one other than you sits your exam.

The people sitting in direct sunlight are quite entitled to ask to move and the school should have made provisions to lessen this problem - it's not like we can't work out when the sun will be shining in a particular set of windows.

The teacher who told you to button your shirt was being a prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We were all told you wear our uniform and in fairness the vast majority did for the first day but since then almost everyone has been coming in in casual attire and nobody's saying anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Our school told us that you don't have to wear the uniform so happy days!!

The other two schools in our town do though :)
    And the JC in our school aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I just ignore the Principal in relation to the whole uniform thing.
    Hasn't cost me an exam yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I just dont wear the jumper and its fine. Everyone in the room complains about it being too cold in the morning(sun is nowhere near it at that time), but there I am in short sleeves either way. Doesnt bother me either way. And dont bother with shoes either. Nobody says anything. Your just kinda expected to wear it, but thats about it.

coosyx, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

We don't have to wear ours at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

cossyx wrote:
    inside in d exam centre is ttly casual im sur ppl wud gt away wi cheatin surprisingly dnt tnk ne1 has tried yet...bt d principals havn a baby cz we wnt wear our ties...she even rang hme...she tld my friend dat she'd stop her from sittn d maths if she didn change into her proper shoes..my friends calld her bluff n she js walkd off...i didnt EVER wear a tie n im def nt startn nw...

Can I have a vowel please Carol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Delphi91 wrote:
    Oh boy, the corrector of your english exam is gonna really love you - NOT!

But then again, you're not alone. I'm a supervisor and happened to see what an Hons English student wrote as part of an essay yesterday. My God, the spelling was chronic!

Oh I can spell correctly I just couldn't have been bothered last night, too much study to do and I pulled a B1 in the higher level english in the mock so my spelling musn't be that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

We have to wear one as well. One fella came into school the morning of English in normal clothes, and by the end of english Paper 1 he was in the uniform. The dont mind us wearing runners or not having the tie on properly etc, but we have to be seen to be representing our school because heaven forbid that word could get out that our school was allowing its students to go in without Uniforms to the exams:D . Its a load of boll** really. In a friends school they're allowed to wear the uniform if they want and if they dont then thats fine. Thats the way it should be. People find exams tiring and stressful as it is without being forced to wear a uniform IMO. In fairness, my school has been excellent in terms of making sure that the exam centres are as distraction free as possible, and the superintendant allows us to start the exam about 5 minutes before the official time, see if I complain;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

cossyx wrote:
    ...I pulled a B1 in the higher level english in the mock so my spelling musn't be that bad!

Please don't compare the Mock with the real thing - you can't! The marking schemes for the mocks are so loose in some cases that you could almost drive a truck through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Delphi91 wrote:
    The marking schemes for the mocks are so loose in some cases that you could almost drive a truck through them.

lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Forced to wear the uniform in its entirety to every single exam!

Including the massive wolly jumper!

If your seen with it off or the sleeves rolled up ya get threatened! It's ridiculous!

And we have the strictest exmainer ever! We haven't once stated before time and we finish on the dot! She rips the page out from under you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Don't have to wear any uniform at all.. its great. Everything seems all so relaxed :)

Hj

Advertisement