Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Spam premium content?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Over the last couple of weeks I've got two MMS messages which appear to link to premium content. The text for the one i got today is 'u won't bleve me bt its tru' and the link goes to http://mc1.awap.tv/1/m=mymobilenumber. I deleted the previous one.

How can I check this out and stop them in the future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Check here, from the RegTel website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

meglome wrote:
    Over the last couple of weeks I've got two MMS messages which appear to link to premium content. The text for the one i got today is 'u won't bleve me bt its tru' and the link goes to http://mc1.awap.tv/1/m=mymobilenumber. I deleted the previous one.

How can I check this out and stop them in the future?

I got one today as well... preceeded by a text message telling me I'd be receiving it... checked out who the short code that was in the first message is registered to here...

Now I plan on sending them a message telling them to shove it all up their ar$e and remove me from their records and i'm going to cc comreg as well...

Ruu wrote:
    Check here, from the RegTel website.

Who's got the "powah" Ruu - comreg or regtel? Meh, I'll cc both of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

My problem is all I have is a goto link and no other information whatsoever.

Don't click the link or you could end up automatically subscribing yourself to a whole pile of crap... You can switch off service messages which will prevent you receiving them in the first place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'll make some calls in the morning to see what going on with this, thanks for your help.

Although I wouldn't mind but our company makes a really good sms chat system that is used by one of the tarot companies. So maybe it's just karma telling me something :)

Advertisement