Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

EoF. Anything could happen, you could get caught looking, someone may rat you up. Theres no way out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya there were guys caught cheating in my school today... not in my centre tho coz my supervisor is sound.. but ya i dunno what happened to them, they were just copying off each other, they're eejits they were actually shout-whispering to each other asking what they got for questions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

______ wrote:
    yes but i disagree with it because there is no way in hell that i'd bother learning anything.

i'll regret it come august i suppose, but if i repeat i'll just do the same.

You sir, deserve to fail at life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If I did cheat, I'd be so scared of being caught that I'd end up doing worse than if I didn't know and hadn't cheated.

I'd never cheat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

______ wrote:
    yes but i disagree with it because there is no way in hell that i'd bother learning anything.

i'll regret it come august i suppose, but if i repeat i'll just do the same.
    Fair play to you, it is possble to do well without learning off, I got over 500 points doing what you did. And I felt better about it too.

I never came across cheating while I attended the LC, but if I had, I would have reported it. You're being paid to do a job, not reporting people you see cheating is not doing your job, tbh. And I wouldn't have cheated in the leaving, even if it's easy to get away with the risks are not even a little bit worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

jaaaaasus, our examiner is really really strict..

well, like she's nice, but takes no s**t from anyone. she hands out the papers, and NO-ONE is allowed turn them over until the second hand reaches 12 at 9.30. she walks around the room during the exam and checks our pencil cases before each exam to check weither we have notes or whatever in them.

personally, ok. ive cheated before in christmas exams, or ones in 5th year where you HAVE to pass them or your parents will go mad at you, but frankly, for the Leaving Cert? cummon lads?

its THE exam that a person takes to test their levels etc. so that they can move on in life, i mean, dont get me started on the leaving cert system, its a load of BALLS! why should a person who could be an amazing doctor not be one just because he didnt learn off an irish poem and missed a few marks.

(here i am waffling again.. oops)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Emu McEmuerson

but ANYWAYS... cheating in the leaving? hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I know a fella that put formulas in his sock, why tatoo yourself with formulas when you can use your sock. Ipod up your sleeve is some idea fair dues there LOL. What you think of this website? I feel like buying into it for a nosey..

http://www.howtocheatintheleavingcert.com/

Wouldnt recommend it . Just looked into it and its based in Arizona, its probably a scam http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=howtocheatintheleavingcert.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I'm assuming you all sat the English lower level ??

because your writing is an absolute disgrace !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

The guy sitting beside me was sending and receiving text messages throughout the exam this morning. Even with a ringtone going off every now and then the examiner still didn't notice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

hey give us a break we're free from english im never gonna use grammer again (or speak Irish for that matter) but realistically cheating will not make a huge difference especially if you need to and the risks are massive but I wouldnt report someone coz you'd ruin them....

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

There are so many ways to cheat in the Leaving Cert! Personally I haven't cheated so far and I don't intend to either. As it has been said already, writing on yourself is a very good way, I mean the examiner cant check! Writing on record cards and keeping them in your shirt pocket is another way as they don't make much noise when you take them out in the bathroom. A phone is an obvious way as are books in the toilet.

Basically the best way is to cheat the system and study like mad to get your oints. If you get caught cheating in the LC btw, you wont be able to repeat it ever again! Someone said earlier on that you could so there really isnt any point in cheating in these exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

One guy in our school decided to leave his school bag in the toilets. Not really a smart idea given that all his books had his name on them but somehow nobody found out!

I'm surprised at the amount of people writing things on their thighs or other body parts. The easiest thing would be to put what you need on your phone, go to the toilet and just look at it there. That way you wouldn't have to use mirrors and the like to see those hard to reach areas :).

Personally I don't think I'll be cheating. I know it's easy to do and given the complacent attitude of our examiner, I'm surprised that nobody has just plonked their books up on their table mid-exam!

I think the most cheating that's actually going on is by the examiner herself. Today she was telling those doing Honours Irish what all the questions mean and giving them opening paragraphs. I'm not happy about that... if I knew I was going to be given the answers then I would have done Honours lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

I dont know how anyone that cheated could sleep at night, knowing that they could have stolen a college place from someone who actually studied and deserved it more than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

A guy in my year got caught cheating in english paper 2 the other day. Apparently he had these postcards with poetry quotes on them. The examiner was getting a bit suspicous of him, and checked his pencil case. And that's it, his paper was made invalid. He didn't come in for irish or maths, so we all presume he's repeating next year. But apparently you can get banned from all state exmainations if you're caught cheating. But the weird thing about it is nobody knows why he cheated. He is quite smart, he wouldn't be a waster or anything. He even planned on doing architecture next year. But just like that it's all over for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

A guy in my year got caught cheating in english paper 2 the other day. Apparently he had these postcards with poetry quotes on them. The examiner was getting a bit suspicous of him, and checked his pencil case. And that's it, his paper was made invalid. He didn't come in for irish or maths, so we all presume he's repeating next year. But apparently you can get banned from all state exmainations if you're caught cheating. But the weird thing about it is nobody knows why he cheated. He is quite smart, he wouldn't be a waster or anything. He even planned on doing architecture next year. But just like that it's all over for him.
    And deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

in my skool the ty's are the outside th door attendant guys and the follow us to jacks but they dont go in like r nyting jst wait at the door....and supposedly if they catch some one cheating they get paid extra...so if sum1 u didnt like went to the jacks then....well ha!

In our school the TY's and 5th years are too busy playing with their PSPs to accompany you through the school to the toilets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pilchard

powerofone wrote:
    I dont know how anyone that cheated could sleep at night, knowing that they could have stolen a college place from someone who actually studied and deserved it more than them.

I totally agree, i will struggle to get the points i need... but there is no way i would cheat...

i would be really upset to find outthat i lost out on my place at University because someone beat me by cheatin:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I had a short phrase going into the irish p2 exam today, written on the inside of my hand. I was pretty nervous on the way in and even before i entered the hall I realised m:o y sweating hands had caused my work to vanish!!

I took it as a sign and vowed never to be tempted by the unholy forces of dishonesty and malice ever again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Duff

You can so easily cheat, write on the inside of your eyelids and then when you blink, hey presto! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Was in the Irish test today, and went into the hall early to do some extra study. I had my notes book. Anyhow got up to go talk to some mates, and left the notes book on the table behind me (I'm right at the back of the hall, no one is using that table). 9.25/9.30 came sat down and started the exam. Half way through the ****ing test I realized the book was still sitting behind me on that table!! Now it's a big dark reddish hardback note book, and the examiner was walking around a lot too, she didn't really come down near me much, but still it would be really easy to see it one would think. She didn't. Need I say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

There's someone that follows people in our school to the toilet during exams :p

Rozabeez wrote:
    There's someone that follows people in our school to the toilet during exams :p

Should probably contact the gardaí if you see him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The best way to cheat is to write whatever you need on a Luas ticket. That way if they find out you can just say that you wrote it down in the exam and didn't want to waste time waiting for rough paper. It sounds insane but someone in my year did it last year, they saw him and all they did was in the next exam announce that if anyone needed rough paper they have to get it officially, not that I'd advocate it

Bubs101 wrote:
    The best way to cheat is to write whatever you need on a Luas ticket. That way if they find out you can just say that you wrote it down in the exam and didn't want to waste time waiting for rough paper. It sounds insane but someone in my year did it last year, they saw him and all they did was in the next exam announce that if anyone needed rough paper they have to get it officially, not that I'd advocate it
    Sounds to me as if the supervisor didn't like the prospect of having to do the neccessary paperwork because that's one of the worst excuses I've ever heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

jackdaw wrote:
    I'm assuming you all sat the English lower level ??

because your writing is an absolute disgrace !

So says the person with the fantastic mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I could easily cheat in my school and get away with it.

I would feel too guilty though. :rolleyes:

Wow...look at the views this thread has had...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

OK I have a confession to make. I had a flashcard in my shirt pocket today in Irish with the intentions of going to the toilet and reading it. It WOULD have worked, but in the end I just didn't, there was no point, I want my results to reflect on my ability. There's no point say cheating to get your points for medicine, then going on to do the course and being like WTF I have to memorise stuff?! I suspect LOADS of cheating in my center, people popping in and out of the toilet and halls like there's no tomorrow.

One girl was actually out talking to the attendants during Irish, one of whom was on our Irish debating team! Help much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

powerofone wrote:
    Thats a good point :(

Advertisement