Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I agree.
    Fair play to the person who pointed out that guy's poor mechanics!- that should put him back in his box! :)

I wouldn't consider cheating, no.
    I just don't think it's worth it, as so many of you have already pointed out!

According to many teachers in my school, if you're caught cheating in a state exam, then you can't sit any others for ten years. That includes driving tests and everything as well. Also, I've been told it goes on your record, which means you can't travel to Australia or The USA. It's just not worth the amount of trouble it could potentially cause!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Girl in my school went to the toilet during Maths, met one of our teachers, the biggest pushover in the world, came back with two formulas written on her hand.
    Another girl got caught cheating in Home Ec yesterday. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened. Apparently she had the stuff written on her hand. Whatever it was didn't even come up, but the examiner saw it anyway and kicked her out.
    What a fool like. What an absolute fool.
    Its soooo easy to cheat by putting stuff in your pockets though. Actually ridiculous. And nobody checks the toilets before u go into the exam. Hmmmm... I couldn't cheat though... I'd feel way too nervous and guilty. And powerofone's point was excellent. I'd be mutinous if some cheater got my college place. Places are low enough on the course that I want as it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

A cuple of cheating incidents in my school, but nobody has got caught:
    • For the last few exams, one of the guys has been writing notes on the inside of starburst wrappers. He has one during the exam, and then reads it..with our examiner thinking its just out of boredom...or else just not seeing him at all
    • During the HE exam, a few of them had red bull cans on thier desks. Off this they were able to read the RDA's and other stuff...dont know how much the can could have helped..
    • Also, one of the lads writes notes on flash cards and goes to the bathroom 2/3 times during each exam to read them. Our 5th years stand outside the bathroom and let you go in on your own. They also talk to you...but just general chat. (i personally do not agree with students, especially those younger than you, acting as supervisors outside the exam hall)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

it is impossible to cheat in our exam hall, the guy will not under any circumstances leave anyone go to the toilet ( he has not let one person go so far). At the start of each exam he asks does anyone want to go the " gents ", you must go before you see the paper

Is any other centre like this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

no point of cheating! If u get caught your whole Leaving cert is cancelled and you will never ever ever be able to repeat it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

no point of cheating! If u get caught your whole Leaving cert is cancelled and you will never ever ever be able to repeat it!

Exactly:cool: Except, you are able to repeat it, seven years later.....when you're 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Some fool left a Macbeth book in our toilets with her name plastered on every page with tippex and everything, in fairness if your going to do that at least make sure your name isn't on the cover in tippex but they dont check the toilets so she's ok but still like what a stupid thing to do..last year a girl wrote all over her school shirt in permanet marker...didnt get caught! I wouldnt cheat if I was goin to I write it on my thighs or stomach Id say!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

it is impossible to cheat in our exam hall, the guy will not under any circumstances leave anyone go to the toilet ( he has not let one person go so far). At the start of each exam he asks does anyone want to go the " gents ", you must go before you see the paper

It's your right to go to the toilet when you need it, he is denying it if he doesn't let you.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Know for a fact that someone in my hall cheated on Irish, not surprised really, he's smart but has constantly cheated on exams, I expect him to do it in History.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

no ours is like the exact opposite! they said before the first exam that bathroom was like strictly emergencies only but they lied! its like a train station! at least 10 people go in and out during every single exam and not one of them knows how to close a door quietly...noisiest hall in the world!!! and like half the time the attendants peopley things are sitting outside sunbathing so you could cheat so easily its ridiculous...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I would cheat, but I can't be arsed. Too much effort involved in the whole thing.

Say you wrote something on your thigh, like, a lot of stuff... All the ink on your sweating skin, and say you were wearing shorts, cream/beige ones, and you started sweating, and the ink made the leg of your lovely shorts go an astounding inky blue. Might look a bit suspicious, no? :D

What I was thinking something along the lines of some sort of receiver in your tooth. Did you ever see the adds for those lolly pops, that when you put them in your mouth you could hear music? Never tried one myself, Chubba Chubs were always the biz, so I got those instead... Anyway, I think the idea behind them was to play some music or something at a really really low volume, the vibrations traveled up the stick, your teeth picked up the vibrations and sent them along to your old ear canal. No idea if they worked, but think about it... Something similar to that, with a little radio transmitter... like a small gobstopper or something, linked wirelessly to a an ipod in your bag out in the corridor, playing a recording with the exam solutions on it, on repeat. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Now that would be pretty deadly!

Dont cheat though. Guilty conscience, and the fact that you cant do a driving test if you get caught.

Don cheat kids, mkay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

During my leaving cert, one of the 5th years who was on the door for the exams was well aware that 2 of the students in my class were cheating when they went to the toilet. I know this, because I had finished my test at this stage and when we finished, we always hung out at our schools reception (where the entrance to the toilets is) and the 5th year would be on the lookout for teachers while the others were cheating. Disgraceful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

It's really terrible to cheat... I would never do it, apart from for moral reasons if I'd spend my whole exam terrified my examiner would see me... it'd do more harm than good haha.

On the plus side it's not like you can cheat your way to an A1 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

yes i would cheat, i have cheated, and i will cheat again..

The arguments against cheating:
    -I couldn't live with myself knowing i've taken someone elses college place, who studied

My answer:
    -The way I see it... cheating is just like throwing away food..
    you are throwing away good food which some person in a poor country could use to survive.. you don't know the person so it doesn't bother you, kinda like cheating, you cheat, you get your points for college, some poor soul who you don't know doesn't get the points because they didn't cheat or they just didn't cheat as good as you, but it doesn't bother you because you don't know them... afterall you're doing the leaving cert for you and nobody else... i think people who say.. they couldn't live with their conscience and sh*t and cheating is wrong and i would tell on people who cheat, pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

cheater wrote:

-I couldn't live with myself knowing i've taken someone elses college place, who studied

My answer:
    you are throwing away good food which some person in a poor country could use to survive.. you don't know the person so it doesn't bother you, kinda like cheating, you cheat, you get your points for college, some poor soul who you don't know doesn't get the points because they didn't cheat or they just didn't cheat as good as you, but it doesn't bother you because you don't know them... afterall you're doing the leaving cert for you and nobody else... i think people who say.. they couldn't live with their conscience and sh*t and cheating is wrong and i would tell on people who cheat, pathetic

Good night to you Mr Trolly McTrollster.

I hope life cheats you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

cheater wrote:
    you are throwing away good food which some person in a poor country could use to survive.. you don't know the person so it doesn't bother you, kinda like cheating, you cheat, you get your points for college, some poor soul who you don't know doesn't get the points because they didn't cheat or they just didn't cheat as good as you, but it doesn't bother you because you don't know them... afterall you're doing the leaving cert for you and nobody else...

Haha, that entire 'paragraph' is the dumbest thing I've read all week. "Hmm, how shall I back up my stance on cheating... I know, I'll compare it to something completley different and far from the point, that'll throw em all off hehe." I can tell you would need to cheat at english anyway ;)
    cheater wrote:
    i think people who say.. they couldn't live with their conscience and sh*t and cheating is wrong and i would tell on people who cheat, pathetic

I think people who cheat are pathetic. Seeing as you admitted to cheating, that makes you pathetic. You're not good enough to take the exams normally? Do you intend to cheat throughout your life? Do you really think cheating will get you anywhere in life? I hope someday the consequences come down like a sledgehammer on you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

I would rather fail like a man than cheat like a woman.

Anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Surprised noone commented...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

OctavarIan wrote:
    I can tell you would need to cheat at english anyway ;)
    hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

jackdaw wrote:
    I'm assuming you all sat the English lower level ??

because your writing is an absolute disgrace !

Either capitalise the "b" in because or leave out the question marks..... you f u c k i n g loser.

• Advertisement

cheater wrote:

My answer:

Your agrument is illogical, inconsistent and absurd.

And may I add your general viewpoint is extremely negative and selfish.

I'd never wish bad things on anyone but I don't wish you well.

Karma will come back and bite you in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Cheater suffer in college where they don't know what they are doing.

Cheating, it seems, is easy to get away with but I've got to say fair f u c k s to the ould cheaters cuz it takes balls of steele. I couldn't cuz I'd be so afraid of getting caught. It'd ruin you. You'd be labelled. My parents wud go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Surprised noone commented...

Aye, what would a woman be doing an exam for?

Cheater suffer in college where they don't know what they are doing.

B u l l s h i t. They probably drop the subjects they're bad at or have no interest in. Cheating in Irish to get engineering doesn't mean your going to be lost. You could be a rocket at maths and T.G.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Fortunately I would be very surprised if anyone would be able to pull up their grades in any overly signifigant way by cheating, it seems a big risk for a 2-3% improvement at best.

For example I would imagine that if you really need to bring quotes into an English exam, what you write will be a big steaming lump of turd and all the correct quotes in the world will not impress any examiner. Likewise doing the history paper, you have so much to answer and so little time, that it would be near impossible to get through the paper if you had to stop and look at notes every few minutes.

I suppose the exceptions would be numerical subjects such as maths or physics where access to a couple of formulas could make a bigger difference.

Fobia wrote:

Asshole

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

B u l l s h i t. They probably drop the subjects they're bad at or have no interest in. Cheating in Irish to get engineering doesn't mean your going to be lost. You could be a rocket at maths and T.G.

There is a big difference between cheating and not being great at a particular subject.

Fobia wrote:

Gone fishing ......

• Advertisement

powerofone wrote:
    Asshole

And he caught one

Advertisement