Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

If you have cheated on every exams you have come across or a large majority, you will continue to do the same in college, however in the end you will know nothing and would be lucky to keep working a certain job since you won't know anything in the profession.

It's like cheating in Biology when you want to become involved in medicine. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Perhaps cheating could be seen as survival of the fittest sort of thing? If you have the balls to cheat so dramatically to change your test from an E to an A, then you deserve to proceed in life? :D

/fuel to the fire :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

I don't think i'd be able to go through with cheatin, i'v such a conscience but i mean twice today in the space of 10 mins this lads phone went off twice, once it rang and then he got a message.

the examiner didn't even bat an eyelid. Its sickenin to think that people are getting away with cheating though while the rest of us are slogging away.

Also i'v noticed the supervisors helping some people that are repeating in our school......anybody else noticed anything similar in their school?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

lmao, great, the exact reaction I was looking for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

cheater wrote:
    lmao, great, the exact reaction I was looking for!

I've seen this kind of posting so many times now, and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's been painfully obvious that the poster rode in on a high horse, got knocked off it and now pretends he/she was just joking to 'get a reaction'. I don't think you're any different. If you are though, get a hobby troll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

B u l l s h i t. They probably drop the subjects they're bad at or have no interest in. Cheating in Irish to get engineering doesn't mean your going to be lost. You could be a rocket at maths and T.G.

Got to disagree there were several hardcore cheaters in my LC class and you'd think that it would stop there. But in uni, it was a case of different faces, but the same cheating in the exams and also the course work, despite all sorts of threats about the consequences of cheating, and it wasn't a case of the cheaters not being able to do the work, as the most blatant cheat went on to finish with a 2.1. :(

The exam supervisors at both LC and uni are so naive, they'd struggle to catch a cold not talking about catching the cheats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Surprised noone commented...

I have always been of the mentality that its not cheating if you get away with it but to be honest its not worth the effort. If I didn't spend the year studying why spend the evening writing out flash cards to cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

During one of my exams a phone went off really loudly, everyone looked around to see the examiner asking for one of the lads phones, of course he quickly pointed out his phone was switched-off and that it was the examiners phone ringing,:D there was an uproar of laughter from that part of the hall

OctavarIan wrote:
    I've seen this kind of posting so many times now, and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's been painfully obvious that the poster rode in on a high horse, got knocked off it and now pretends he/she was just joking to 'get a reaction'. I don't think you're any different. If you are though, get a hobby troll :)

Of course I posted it to get a reaction, what kind of argument had I it made absolutely no sense, this was to annoy people into posting back vicious comments, also if you don't believe me I made this username solely to get a reaction from this thread, you'll notice it was my first post, and indeed I got a great reaction... but also before I posted everyone was like I wouldn't cheat bla bla it's wrong bla bla but since my post, there have been a number of people saying, well I don't see anything wrong with cheating etc.. super

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

cheater wrote:
    Of course I posted it to get a reaction, what kind of argument had I it made absolutely no sense, this was to annoy people into posting back vicious comments

Which is trolling. Which is against the charter. Which means you may pack your bags and leave this town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

cson wrote:
    Which is trolling. Which is against the charter. Which means you may pack your bags and leave this town.

Who made you the sheriff?

xha1r wrote:
    Who made you the sheriff?

No one. I have zero tolerance of trolling activities. I hope you're not condoning his actions?

i hope you are condoning my trolling

I think you've fallen into the trap of confusing "condone" with "condemn". Condone means overlooking or forgiving bad behaviour (your trolling for example) wheras condemn means to express strong disapproval (which I have done at said trolling).

I condemn your trolling, I don't condone it. You have displayed idiocy of the highest calibre imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

I think his repitition of the statement ''I hope you are condoning my trolling'' was meant to be a tad sarchastic.

Nothing against chating of a small manner for a few figures and a fact or two to help you along your way, but something along the lines of writing an entire essay on your leg I do not agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dean-16

ok guys, nice way of falling of topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I will be availing of every possible means to cheat tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

right, cheater, first and final warning. Back on topic please

mise! cad a rinne mé? ;) only having the laugh moderator tryin to spark a bit of controversy into the threads! :) i'll behave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

Ya know this will prob make sum of ye mad But in honours irish (which im not part of , i will fail ord irish) there is only like 6 students who are doing honours out of 50 students and the examiner was helping them asking them did they want to know any irish words???? Lucky Cu*nts

6 out of 50 is a feckin shockingly low number for honours irish! Jaysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

Spank wrote:
    Why is it risky? No examiner is going to follow you to the toilet.

I am actually quite peed off with the lack of supervision in my exam center. We are in a huge hall with just two supervisors who wouldn't notice a tornado hitting. We are let into the hall when we please and were given our answer books and tables while we were sitting there with our notes revising. Who's to say we wouldn't sketch in a few formulas etc? People pop in and out of the toilets constantly, with teachers etc out in the hall.

It's well laid back.

Btw when you go to the toilet what is written on your booklet and does it have any effect on things?

Oh look I've gone off on a tangent, bit like my english exam.

An inspector can appear at any time and follow you into the bathroom instead of one of the attending people. that's why it's dodgy. When ya go to the toilet, a mark is made on the booklet so the corrector knows you went. if, say, suddenly the second half of your english essay is a masterclass in storytelling he/she will be a bit suspicious to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

An inspector can appear at any time and follow you into the bathroom instead of one of the attending people. that's why it's dodgy. When ya go to the toilet, a mark is made on the booklet so the corrector knows you went. if, say, suddenly the second half of your english essay is a masterclass in storytelling he/she will be a bit suspicious to say the least.

nah....... what about following you into the cubicle? simple to cheat.... not that it's right, but let's face it, it's pretty simple a lot of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Be@st

I'd cheat if there was no way in the world I'd get caught. But thinking "do they know" "did they see me?" etc. would kill me. And guilt would put me down, I hate idiots who cheat and still do badly, its extremely pathetic. Cheating isn't a smart thing to do, sure you might get lucky, but if you don't, bye bye Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Personly i wudnt be able to cheat....if i did well id feel terrible nd no1 wud ever let me live it down and if i did bad id blame karma and feel stupid as hell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

in one of d other exam centres in my skol, i no some people who brought their own log books into the maths paper1 exam and d examiner said nothing-he just kept handin out the proper ones!
    ...neadless 2say for paper2, EVERY1 brought thier own log books in with everything they needed written inside.
    What a s**t supervisor?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

I think I have to have the worst examiner of all!!! Its pretty clear that he's a little bit blind or something cause you cant actually get his attention by sticking up your hand, even if hes looking straight at you, you have to wave it a bit. :D . If you wanted to cheat there would be no way he'd catch you!
    Also he doesnt make a record on your paper if you leave 4 the toilet.

The worst thing of all though was during the business exam he allowed two or three people out to get their calculators in their lockers, they seemed to be gone quite a while:p I think I might b forgetting one or two things for my chemistry exam:D :D

Also on bringing notes into the exam, a few people in a different hall brought in full poetry answers 4 english nd full essays 4 irish. Dats bout an added 10 percent per exam. I have to admit it doesnt bother me when people have a few little things written on their hand or a little cheat note but full esssays is just ridiculous. All ill say is if theres anyone here who misses out on bcomm or physiotheraphy in ucd youve been screwed over! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I would never cheat, not for any moral reason but that I don't think there is much point. If I wrote quotes or facts on my body i would probably rememeber them anyway because I'd be ****ing myself about what would happen if was caught while writing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

cson wrote:
    I think you've fallen into the trap of confusing "condone" with "condemn". Condone means overlooking or forgiving bad behaviour (your trolling for example) wheras condemn means to express strong disapproval (which I have done at said trolling).

I condemn your trolling, I don't condone it. You have displayed idiocy of the highest calibre imo.

You're a barrel of laughs I'd say.

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote:
    You're a barrel of laughs I'd say.

You wouldn't believe.

Advertisement