Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating !!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Vertigo101

The leaving cert isn't just a memory test people. In English you cant learn off the answers to the comprehensions or the unseen poetry and in the other languages you have to do an oral and listening not to mention the comprehensions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

It wouldn't bother me if someone cheating meant that their grades would go up and that there were no repercussions for anyone else but when something like this is happening:
    Also on bringing notes into the exam, a few people in a different hall brought in full poetry answers 4 english nd full essays 4 irish. Dats bout an added 10 percent per exam

this could mean that another student who has worked hard and studied will miss out on a place in college to a student who couldn't be bothered working and who shouldn't be going to college in the first place because they obviously don't feel strongly enough about their course to work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

6 out of 50 is a feckin shockingly low number for honours irish! Jaysis.

Try 14 out of 90 something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The only thing I agree with people when it comes to the rights and wrongs of cheating is that by your cheating you are gaining an unfair advantage over OTHER students. However, I honestly felt I had studied a lot for this Leaving Cert, and in order for my study to be rewarded I cheated quite a bit.

Look Diego Maradona cheated , and he is labelled a genius and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Cheating is bad but meh what you supposed to do about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Try 14 out of 90 something..
    omg that's crazy there's 2 irish hons classes in my year..about 30 out of 70 i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Out of 36 people in my year, about 36 did higher level. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

However, I honestly felt I had studied a lot for this Leaving Cert, and in order for my study to be rewarded I cheated quite a bit.

Hahahahahahahaha. Sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

ashyle wrote:
    omg that's crazy there's 2 irish hons classes in my year..about 30 out of 70 i'd say

Ha, we have (or had...) 1 honours class, 2 pass, and one foundation. Same for maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

There are 3 people in my class doing honours maths.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

6 in Honours Maths, about 12 in Honours Irish and 4 people taking all honours. Class of about forty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spliffy_kaka

thought id need a different user name for this - i cheated in english paper II, i coppied 3 pages of an essay out of my phone under my desk. it was take the risk or risk failling english and not getting into college, it was quite easy, that morning i typed up the essay and sent it to my phone (my phone displays word documents). it took about 15mins to build up the balls to turn my phone on but after that there was no problem.

it was just the annalysis of the poetry that i coppied out, obviously i couldnt predict what id need for the intro/outro

ps - for those of you that who this really is, keep it to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I think that powers that be frown upon someone creating multiple accounts. Even more so if its to show off that they cheated. You should be hung, drawn and quartered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That they do. Won't last long though. A quick IP check should do the job I imagine, then buh-bye to both original account and troll account.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Huh.Even though I toyed with the idea of cheating in the leaving I actually didn't bother...thankully it turned out I didn't need it anyways.Also I needed like every minute of the exams for writing, so worrying bout trying to cheat without getting caught would probably have take taken longer than just writing what I knew, which would have negatively impacted my grade!!Anyways the LC is the first set of exams I haven't cheated in since.....ever.I even cheated in the Junior, by taking maths formulas in on a sheet, and heading out to the toilet to get help from those who are more academically advanced than I!!Hell I think the only exams I didn't cheat in the JC were all the languages and HE, and I didn't care bout any of them enough to cheat (hell I didn't care bout HE at all.I had someone else do all my pre-exam work, arrived to the exam 25 minutes late, and left 15 minutes later having answered all the long questions with 2 word answers....and I still got a C in honours!!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

carlowboy wrote:
    Out of 36 people in my year, about 36 did higher level. ;)

theres only 36 in your year thats tiny. theres 140 in mine and i only live in quite a small town. theres about 90 out of 140 doing honours irish and 24 out of 140 doing honours maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I don't have a reason to cheat - but if I wanted to I could get away with it.

The exam centre (not going to say where obviously) is very lax - you can take paper with you in the last half hour or so
    A phone went off on more than one occassion and they just asked the candidates to "please turn that off".

Could easily go out to the toilet and look at notes as no-one follows you or checks, and I sit very near the supervisor and not once did I see him take the times when someone left to use the toilet.

I know of at least 3 who have been doing it, not condoning it, but not going to bother stitching them up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

theres only 36 in your year thats tiny. theres 140 in mine and i only live in quite a small town. theres about 90 out of 140 doing honours irish and 24 out of 140 doing honours maths.

My school was only established in 1990 and there's 3 other much larger schools in town. Hence, its small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Theres only 58 in my year.
    10 doing hons Maths
    8 doing hons Irish

On topic: Y'all listen up children, cheating is bad m'kay?

Advertisement