Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish -irrelevance/marking scheme

Options
  • 07-06-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi,

Did the exam today and was very confident going into the comprehensions as my talk on "smacht" was pretty good. That was however, until I realised that I had been writing about "respect".

Uh oh.

I feel that if the talk had have been about respect, I would have been in 75-80 territory but now, well, I have no idea. I looked at the marking scheme and it works as follows:

20 for "ábhar".
    80 for "gaeilge".

Does this mean I'll be marked out of 80 (which would be great) or am I being too hopeful?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think there are big penalties for writing about irrelavent subjects im afraid. I fear you could only get at max half the marks. This is only what i think though. Im sure someone more knowledgable can correct me if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭blah88

I did that essay and sai ''nil aontaim'' leis an ruin seo.I then talked about how Drugs,drink and the environment are terrible problems in our lives and at the end of each one I said,agus,''ta muid abalta an fadhb sin a feabhsu''.Will the examiner count them as examples of how we can control life?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

For a simple mistake they drop your ábhar marks and mark you out of 80 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I'm a bit worried about my relevance. I saw aos og and just launched into teenagers bad reputation, stress they are under eg education system, and how they do good. But the title apparently was that they are selfish and greedy. Is them being good counted as irrelevant? I'm not strong at Irish so it is marks I couldn't afford to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Spank wrote:
    I'm a bit worried about my relevance. I saw aos og and just launched into teenagers bad reputation, stress they are under eg education system, and how they do good. But the title apparently was that they are selfish and greedy. Is them being good counted as irrelevant? I'm not strong at Irish so it is marks I couldn't afford to loose.
    I'd say so I'm afraid. Like, the stress and the education system aren't examples of how teenagers are greedy or bad-mannered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Well I'm hoping the examiner will think that bad points system > stress > acting out.

Ah I'm screwed

Advertisement