Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Ord p1

Options
  • 07-06-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Anyone else think this was a horrible paper?I'm normally really goot at paper 1 and was able to do the past papers no problem,then this.q1-Where was the percentage error q,the simple tax q?and even the very first a q was tricky
    Sequences and Series what the hell?Normally so easy but they made them just full of needlessly confusing fractions that calculators cant help with.
    There was no curve drawing at all either,no power rules,etc.Why was it so different to the past papers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Yeah piss of peace :p Hopefully Paper 2 is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

To be honest I have to say it was really easy!!! bring on paper 2!!!

tats eng and maths easy enough ??? weird???

im prob going to wake up and its the 06/06/07 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

blah88 wrote:
    Anyone else think this was a horrible paper??

eh... as ive seen all the papers since 1994, I can safely say this was by far the easiest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

I foun paper 1 alot easier than i thought it would be! lets hope paper 2 is the same! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

i know i´ve passed, well i´m pretty sure. But i´m not happy at all wit the paper. Some questions were ok but others like the las part of 6 n the last part of 8 that i cudnt do it. I attempted one of em wit no success. dunno...i was expectin a high b for my maths...but rite now i depend on paper 2 i tink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pilchard

tats eng and maths easy enough ??? weird???

im prob going to wake up and its the 06/06/07 :p

I've been thinking this too, i mean i found the papers easy enough.. easier than i expected, also i have not had one ounce of nervousness.. its like i'm in complete denial and dont believe i'm doing the leaving cert at all.. in my JC i nearly had panic attacks, and for the pre's i was very nervous.

but hey, being in denial is better than paniking, panic attacks are awfull.:) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brickno1

i found it extremely easy particularly q1-4....i mean turn miles into kilometres to start told me exactly how easy it was goin to be.. a couple of c parts like on 6 and 8 threw me off but i got at least one of them right.....hopefully paper 2 is as easy

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

People thought the maths paper was horrible?

O.O

Why?It was definitely the easiest paper 1 in about 10 years!!!I'm pretty sure I got almost full marks, and that was with little to know study, or work throughout the year.Even if paper 2 is complete **** I should still EASILY get the C3 I need for my course (am not using it for points cause its a pass subject).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I wanted to hug someone when I started on Question 7. It was so easy and I was delighted with myself. Really boosted my confidence and even though I screwed up a couple of things I think I did pretty well over all. When I was finished Question 1 I was just wondering "is this it?!". How easy can they make it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

i thought it was easy enough as they cant really make it easier tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 uss.education

<spam>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Found this paper rather hard, I've always been weaker on paper one. hoping paper 2 is nice!

Attol wrote:
    I wanted to hug someone when I started on Question 7. It was so easy and I was delighted with myself. Really boosted my confidence
    I felt exactly the same way!And i'd only looked over differentiation the night before.I was planning on doing no 6 (the functions question), but then once I found out differentiation could come up in it, I studied it for about an hour and did some past questions, and it was so easy I couldn't believe it!Could job I covered it too because no 6 looked like a *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Question 1- full marks. I suck at algebra, but did most of question 2 and 3. Not great at complex numbers, could do almost the whole sum though. Question 6 was fine apart from part of part c and question 7, part a and c were grand, but i couldn't work out which forumlas fitted b..dreadful I know.

Should get about 60%, I calculated it.

but i couldn't work out which forumlas fitted b..dreadful I know.
    ......I know its not much good to you now, but it actually tells you in the log book which formulas to use.Your log books people.USE THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Question 1- full marks. I suck at algebra, but did most of question 2 and 3. Not great at complex numbers, could do almost the whole sum though. Question 6 was fine apart from part of part c and question 7, part a and c were grand, but i couldn't work out which forumlas fitted b..dreadful I know.

Should get about 60%, I calculated it.
    I'm about the same.

One guy I know nearly fainted when he found out that he got 1(c) wrong! He calculated something like 12.75 hours. Guessing he forgot that he was on time and half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Should have got my A1. Pretty sure I got about 4/5 questions fully right. Must've been the only person in the country who didnt do Q1 either.

no i know a girl who didnt . you know you have 2 answer 6 questions my friend. if you left out one complete question what would you b looking at - grade wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

no i know a girl who didnt . you know you have 2 answer 6 questions my friend. if you left out one complete question what would you b looking at - grade wise
    Yeah I did Qs 2-8 and the only bits I think I didnt get were 6(c)ii and 8(c)iii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

i thought P1 was simple! Got SEVEN questions finished and I even got the complex number right as my verification at the ned worked out!

Roll on Paper 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

......I know its not much good to you now, but it actually tells you in the log book which formulas to use.Your log books people.USE THEM!

The tables, yeah I know, I was looking at them. u dv dx and stuff. But from what I could see, I could substitute in dv and du, but not u and v..there's wasn't enough for that? I seriously forgot how that works. Ah I'm alright...the part c, the car, worked out for the first time ever for me. So glad I'm not counting this, and I know I can get about 67% from both papers..sure, grand!

Why would someone NOT do arithmetic question?? God I LOVE it! And the people who found the paper ridiculously easy, would you's not have stayed in honours and fought for your C?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

thought it was a piece of piss myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Devil5434

That was the easiest paper ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

I agree with the OP - I thought it was awful! :( I always found the past papers fine, but this one was disgusting! All those fractions. I got so many things wrong :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

I was delighted with it! I did 7 questiona (all of hem excet sequences and series) and Id say I could have gotten almost full marks-only missed two parts of two different part c's!

Paper 2-prayin itll b as easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

And the people who found the paper ridiculously easy, would you's not have stayed in honours and fought for your C?

Well speaking for myself, i did think it was quite easy but i was at risk of failing honours so i'd rather take it at pass and know i was gonna get into college!

Advertisement