Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romanian beggers

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not to mention the irony of using Germans and Nazis interchangeably when complaining about cultural generalisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I work in Dun Laoghaire and every day at lunch time I see the gang of them around the pedestrian side of Georges St. Usually there are a group of around 4 of them either begging, playing the accordion (the same god damn tune constantly) or fake selling the big issue (having a copy in their hands and when u give them money they just look at you, seen this happen on many occasions).

On Saturday I saw one of them have a stand off with a chugger for a spot outside Marks and Spencer (they must think its prime real estate) thought they might fight to the death star trek style so I waited around but no luck. :D

I just think they are a waste of space, instead of trying to get a job (don't start about employment regulations if you want to work in this country you can) they just beg or rob as we have seen in Galway and Dublin.

Anyway the Guards and Courts should take a tougher line and make an example out of some of those convicted of atm robbing... that'll learn them.

I await the flame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

agamemnon wrote:
    Godwin's Law strikes again. :rolleyes:
    Godwin's Law is balls in this case:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porajmos

MM

Stark wrote:
    Not to mention the irony of using Germans and Nazis interchangeably when complaining about cultural generalisations.
    I meant German not Nazi.
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

MM

Louth4sam wrote:
    You got to look at it this way they are the only people that have immigrated to Ireland that offer nothing to society.

What do English immigrants offer us that we didn't already have/ could have got from UTV?
    The Gypsies have good music that isn't on the radio. That's something right there.

MM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What do English immigrants offer us that we didn't already have
    MM

The fun-packed situation where the descendants of Irish emigrants decide to move back to their roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I meant German not Nazi.
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

So you can generalise about the Germans, Romanians and Australians, but no-one's allowed generalise about the Roma? You're as bad as the Nazis, you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

agamemnon wrote:
    So you can generalise about the Germans, Romanians and Australians, but no-one's allowed generalise about the Roma? You're as bad as the Nazis, you are.

No he isnt.Not everybody in the nazi party was stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I remember as a kid people complaining about travelers here and thinking to myself "wait till the zingari (gypsies) get here and they'll think fondly of the travelers" (OK, as a kid we didn't use the word traveler very often, but the rest is pretty accurate).

Gypsies have been in mainland Europe for a very long time and are typically considered a blight by most due to a culture which is essentially parasitic in nature. Suffice it to say that if you go to Rome, you'll be hard pressed to find any Roman (even the most bleeding-heart liberal) who will defend them.

If Ireland follows the European trend, then what will occur is when making money from begging dries up (as Irish attitudes towards charity change) then confidence tricks, pick-pocketing and other forms of petty crime will appear. As these become more difficult to make money out of then more serious types of crime will appear.

So, plenty to look forward to.

I remember as a kid people complaining about travelers here and thinking to myself "wait till the zingari (gypsies) get here and they'll think fondly of the travelers" (OK, as a kid we didn't use the word traveler very often, but the rest is pretty accurate).

Gypsies have been in mainland Europe for a very long time and are typically considered a blight by most due to a culture which is essentially parasitic in nature. Suffice it to say that if you go to Rome, you'll be hard pressed to find any Roman (even the most bleeding-heart liberal) who will defend them.

If Ireland follows the European trend, then what will occur is when making money from begging dries up (as Irish attitudes towards charity change) then confidence tricks, pick-pocketing and other forms of petty crime will appear. As these become more difficult to make money out of then more serious types of crime will appear.

So, plenty to look forward to.

They allready have graduated onto more serious crime,they were going round trying to sell fake gold jewellery(more fool anybody who bought it),Big Issues when not badged vendors,nicking money from people at ATMs and pickpocketing to say nothing of the stories of them getting in to people's houses to steal stuff.There can be no excuses for these people,they're nothing but a crowd of thieving criminal parasites and they shouldnt be tolerated in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well they don't camp on open ground and turn the place into a kip, maybe this is something else to look forward to ?

MooseJam wrote:
    well they don't camp on open ground and turn the place into a kip, maybe this is something else to look forward to ?

Not yet they dont because the taxpayer is housing them,if the country ever cops on they may start setting up camps..hang on they have already..this is like a self-fulfilling prophecy!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

MooseJam wrote:

Aren't they camped in the middle of some roundabout at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

nesf wrote:
    Aren't they camped in the middle of some roundabout at the moment?
    What? even though they are getting free accomodation etc from the irish gubmint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

An elderly relative of mine was recently burgled by two young Roma girls carrying a baby. One of them called to the door with the baby & asked for a glass of water, while the old dear was in the kitchen the other one ran up stair & ransacked the place. Luckily a neighbour was driving past & caught them coming out with the stuff they'd stolen.

A new stroke they have is false sponsorship collection, I had them call to the the door twice in the past 6 weeks with a sponsorship card for 'St. Paul's Society'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

cushtac wrote:
    A new stroke they have is false sponsorship collection, I had them call to the the door twice in the past 6 weeks with a sponsorship card for 'St. Paul's Society'.

That's been going on for years with Irish charity scammers. A very common scam is someone coming into a pub looking for donations to whatever. Was up in a pub in Northern Ireland about 2 months ago and a respectable enough looking guy in a suit came in looking for "money for charity". Friend of mine asked what charity it was and the guy shot him a dirty look before moving onto the next table where the girls were only too happy to help out. After about 15 mins of doing this, the PSNI arrived in and arrested him.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Was in Barcelona a few weeks ago and there were **** loads of them just hanging round the metro stations, one little **** dipped his hand in my girlfriends bag while i was buying tickets but luckily enough a Spanish woman warned her and he ran.

Can't help but agree with the majority of people here, they are nothing but parasitic animals no matter where i have come across them (Ireland/England/Spain/Italy/USA)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I do like the nice folks who clean my windscreen for free at lunch time on the Naas road. Sometimes I think they want money but I can't understand exactly what they do be saying. Maybe they are wishing me a safe trip? :confused:

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

And people said hitler had the wrong idea. In the gates and up the chimney with each and every one of them.

You want to know where the "men folk" are? start giving one of the a hard time and you will soon see 4 or 5 of the creeps jump from a claped out crock of illegal **** parked around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nonbeliever

Have you been in Romania, seeing as thats a warzone by your standard! :rolleyes:

Show me the quote mate where i said Romania is a war zone????
    HA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i work in kildare and am aware of a large romanian (or sygany as they are called in europe)family there, they are are on social welfare and the kids didnt go to school for many years but this year they have to. Anyway they are quite well dressed and the father has a van and a old merc. While waiting in the train station I saw one of the girls of the family she was well dressed and is a very attractive if large young woman. She is about 17 years old very polite. Anyway some other girls from a local school came in to take the train and she became upset , rubbing her eyes as if she was crying, I felt sad for her and was going to ask if I could help her but something held me back. Anyway later that day when I was in Carlow I was crossing a road and who was there but the very same girl, gone were the good clothes, now she was wearing a old fur hat some very cheap tracksuit bottoms with some large and dirty boots. When she saw me she began to move away and again I could see she had been crying again.
    I assume she was begging and being forced to do it by family, I hope it was nothing seeder, pity she was not in school at least then she would be able to better herself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

*checks calender

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Please don't resurrect zombie threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement