Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Higher Paper 2!!

Options
  • 07-06-2007 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

im feckd for 2mrw...i hav nutin dun and i duno wher to begin...ne one av ne gud suggestions? I did a gud oral n paper 1 so...hopefuly!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Uirchill and some random stair na gaeilge. That's what I'm doing, the rest is a waffle job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

sorry to be callous but...
    step 1 : stop using text speak
    step 2: stop duplicating threads

both are really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

my bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

cocoa wrote:
    sorry to be callous but...
    step 1 : stop using text speak
    step 2: stop duplicating threads

both are really annoying.

So is people using words they don't understand...

xha1r wrote:
    So is people using words they don't understand...
    ok... assuming you're referring to callous...
    emotionally hardened; "a callous indifference to suffering"; "cold-blooded and indurate to public opinion"
    I didn't give a crap how worried about irish 2 the OP was, i was insensitive or callous...

• Advertisement

cocoa wrote:
    ok... assuming you're referring to callous...
    emotionally hardened; "a callous indifference to suffering"; "cold-blooded and indurate to public opinion"
    I didn't give a crap how worried about irish 2 the OP was, i was insensitive or callous...

Yes, you were really quite cold-blooded in your response to the OP's "suffering". Admit defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DancingRainDrop

does anyone please have any perdictions for the stories and poems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The simple poems: Jack and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.

The stories: An Bhéan Óg, Lig Sinn a gCathú and Clare sa spéir.

The tricky poems: Uirchill and Oíche Nollaig na mBán.

That's my predictions anyway. You should be relatively safe with the simple poem predictions as neither of them came up last year. You should also be relatively safe with An Bhéan Óg in the stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Dont forget Caitlín Maude's poem An Mháthair. Éamon Maguire said it on countdown to 606 this evening that she should come up since they love asking her whenever she is due to turn up. He also said that Coileach Ghleann Phádraig / An Bhean Óg depending on which one you're studying would turn up along with Clare Sa Spéir as mentioned. The OL poems he said have already been mentioned and the extra ones for honours are as above. PS the Maidhc Dainín questions had better have something to do with his tiome in Meiriceá or Sasansa(ideally both) I'll kill someone if they dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

But there's 5 pass poems and 3 on the paper, so one of them has to be one from last year. Don't mind which pass poem, they're fine, and hoping for lig sinn instead of an bhean og. Oiche Nollaig would be great, so would Dan do Mhelissa. Uirchill would be alright I suppose..

• Advertisement

Meh...

How many pages did people write?

Is 5x the marks for the question a suitable amount of words to write? (like the paper 1 composition).

umm, no not really. In most questions I stuck to the rule of if the number of marks is divisible by five, write that many points (each point getting a paragraph with reference and expansion) i.e., a 25 mark question got 5 points. and anything divisible by 4, well i used the same rule but with four... 12 marks ->3points.

with the obvious exception of stair na gaeilge which is just crazy anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

I filled a booklet apart from 3 pages. My An Trial question was 3 pages long and most of the others were one or two. Timings not a problem in our hall, its great, we are allowed look at our papers straight away and today I was given an extra 5 minutes at the end!! By the way I just realised I could have made a massive mistake! For the an trial question who did everyone write for the second mother? The obvious answer I would have tought was Maire but I wrote bean Ui Chinseallaigh anyway.(said she was a mother symbol)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Yeah I wasnt too sure who the Two mothers were so I decided not to do that question... quite an easy paper I have to say , if you had done any study you were grand nothing hard on it at all quite easy to predict too

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

It doesn't matter what two mothers you chose. My friend chose Maire and Maili, since maili gave up her child but was like a mother to Maire or something a long those lines..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

NoelJ wrote:
    Yeah I wasnt too sure who the Two mothers were so I decided not to do that question... quite an easy paper I have to say , if you had done any study you were grand nothing hard on it at all quite easy to predict too

Ah CRAP I was scared away by that really long word mathairearchasjdlrefdsf or something...so I did the 2nd one on 'anxiety and shame'.
    AAh the 1st one would have been a good character question...why am I so retarded? Only got 2 and a half pgs out of the 2nd question.

Thought it was a grand paper overall. Quite predictable. I studied bhean og, uirchill and faoiseamh, as well as bealoidis and pearse and they all came up :D cramming works...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Btw, did anyone think it was REALLY weird that both faoiseamh and nil aon ni came up?? They are so similar!! I basically did the same answer twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

How long are we meant to write for the Drama question. I only did 2 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

ashyle wrote:
    Btw, did anyone think it was REALLY weird that both faoiseamh and nil aon ni came up?? They are so similar!! I basically did the same answer twice.
    Yup! I did that too!

Plus Níl aon Ní was the compulsary poem last year and on the sample paper too!

Very random!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

-blondie- wrote:
    Plus Níl aon Ní was the compulsary poem last year and on the sample paper too!

Very random!

Well, it shows how predictions arent always the safest bet. Just because it comes up one year does not mean it cant come up the next year, and just because they've had things come up 2 years in a row does not mean they cant either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

I know! Kinda scaring me about the other exams now!

But the rest of my predictions came up so overall I was pretty happy with the paper!

Advertisement