Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about failure of the mathematics variety

Options
  • 07-06-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Ok so paper 1 of honours was appawling in my opinion, So I was wondering if i fail maths what are my options

repeating the leaving cert, - can i opnly repeat maths or do i have to do the whole thing :( ????

college - any engineering or multimedia courses that dont need a pass in maths ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Cram Paper 2 into your brain as much as you possible can, 50% up for grabs, what you think you got in paper 1? ya probably got 15% if you think you failed maybe even 20%......

38% is the pass rate and if you spend the next few days studying for paper 2 you can find that 20 or 25% you need ;)

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

Ok so paper 1 of honours was appawling in my opinion, So I was wondering if i fail maths what are my options

repeating the leaving cert, - can i opnly repeat maths or do i have to do the whole thing :( ????

You can just repeat maths, and then use the points you got from this year on the CAO next year. The guy that sits behind me in my exam centre is doing this as it happens. But, if you do this, you can't use your new maths grade for points - only for matriculation purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

few engineering courses in dit.. think they could be level 7

You can just repeat maths for matriculation purposes.. ie because you need it for college.

If your repeating for points, you can do any number of subjects to get the points you need

Other options include doing a year long course in college to get a qualification in maths. I no DIT has such a course that a friend of mine did. He wanted to do engineering but only had pass maths.
    It eliminates going through the lc maths again and allows you to join college life with your friends. It lengthens your course by a year.. but so does repeating the leaving in maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

thats fine, i never planned on using maths as a top 6, but thank god, ok i only need 38, i reckon i can do that, anyone got memory pills or anything ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Get about 10 biros and inscribe cheat notes on them with a pin.. no one will ever notice!!

• Advertisement

id rather fail honestly, but thats an idea, or bring a UV led and write the cheat notes on your bottle in a UV pen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Why do honours if you weren't going to use it for points?

Just learn paper 2, its very repetitive throughout the years and its never particularly tricky. Most people just think its hard because of trignomatry basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

thats fine, i never planned on using maths as a top 6, but thank god, ok i only need 38, i reckon i can do that, anyone got memory pills or anything ??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

donald, if you knew my mother and how much i like not being murdered youd see why, for some reason people think im good at maths, ive enver gotten over 55 ever

Advertisement