Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Check - Ordering Tommorrow!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Only one thing to change,

Change the case! ARRGGHH.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You have a few things that arnt essential like the psu lead. IT will already come with one. I would worry about the mouse. Since its lazer it wont work with alot of mouse pads. Id didnt work with my 4d or my q-pad. Check their site to see for compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Timans wrote:
    Only one thing to change,

Change the case! ARRGGHH.

:D

Agreed, why put all that nice hardware into such a ridiculous looking case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Okay well I made those changes :D (except for the case because I think it's pretty good)

Computer ordered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Now sit back and enjoy the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Go Vista and get the OEM Ultimate imo.

I have a X4400+, 7800GTX, XFI Fatality and 2GBs of RAM, and I have had no driver issues of note and very few software compatibility issues. It is easy to install, runs great and I can honestly see no point in buying XP at this point. Yes games performance is a bit worse in Vista, maybe as much as 15%, but with an 8800GTX driving your Display you won't notice it anyways and the latest Nvidia Vista Drivers are a big step up from the previous ones, and are only going to get better.

Also whats the point having a Direct X10 Card when running XP which will never support it?

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

hey arent you like 14? Your lucky if you are and getting that at this age my friend.

Im spending way too much money on my setup here at home now.. Ive blown atleaset €3500 on everything!
    Im getting kept on in my job til september(anti knows its a well paid job lol) so im considering another 2GB of ram and vista ultimate 64 or XP64 im stuck there....

Post pictures anyway when you get all this stuff!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

^lol yeah i know..wish i had something like it when i was 14..hopeing to get something like it doh come september..

have fun with new pc deadude.. :D

I'm not 14, who said I was 14 lol? ;)

EDIT: Yes though I am lucky :P

I was thinking of another boards member lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

so how much did all that come to

Yea I feel there would be no need for them? Like.. It would be tight on your hand? Restrict movement? Get wet from sweat lol :D

What do you work as eh? lol Affording that?

Even though ive blown over 3500 on my whole setup but ive a though factory job... pays well though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

floppy ftl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya now its flash pens :D

but i floppy is allways hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Btw, the G5 is an excellent mouse. One of its strong points is you can drag it across the backside of a rhino and it will still allow accurate pointing. I have my old dell mouse-mat and occasionally use the rough table surface. While a lesser mouse might be put off, the G5 performs the same. In such a case, I have to add that you have pissed away €29 on a "gamer mousemat". But hey, you may be a professional gamer, I don't know.

Floppy - Sometimes I help my father with his graphic design and some of his clients use floppy.

Glove - Thought it was made of tehepixax plus I can get quite tense and as a result sweat during gameplay.. lol :(

Money - I have been saving for quite a while now - odds and ends really.

Mouse - Hands on the table: I was going to get the G7 (for the wireless) but they canceled them (On Komplett - presumably not selling)

I am no professional, but for years I have been using those crappy type pads you get at work - or free with a game, so I thought what the hell -> I'll buy myself a decent one :p

Update Komplett just sent me e-mail - It is being shipped now, should be here Saturday latest (if AnPost deliver on a Saturday?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Deaddude wrote:
    It is being shipped now, should be here Saturday latest (if AnPost deliver on a Saturday?)

lol u jokin were talkin about an post here now :D

You will get it prob tuesday latest...

awhir wrote:
    lol u jokin were talkin about an post here now :D
    Have a little faith man! :D

Elites, I'm in my late teens.

Yeah, don't mind these nay-sayers, any time ive ordered off komplett its been about a week. Just dont go tracking your order, it makes the wait seem twice as long.

• Advertisement

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Yeah, don't mind these nay-sayers, any time ive ordered off komplett its been about a week. Just dont go tracking your order, it makes the wait seem twice as long.
    Telling me I have the track bookmarked and check it every few hours, it seems to still be at the seller. Hopefully it will be less than a week because I'll be away on holidays.

Update: Parcels have arrived in Ireland :)

Make sure they dont deliver it to your tree house or garden shed.

NOTE: I'm going to post a scan of that note left by GLS and make it my sig.

I'm making a step by step video and SS's of me trying to assemble it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Make sure they dont deliver it to your tree house or garden shed.

NOTE: I'm going to post a scan of that note left by GLS and make it my sig.

I'll post a pic up later of what my local postman did with a package of mine containing some expensive RAM when he couldnt get it through the letterbox :rolleyes:

edit: Found the picture I took, the package was just sitting there from 10am till 7pm when I got home from work!

yeah ya should get it tomorrow then if it says that..

yeah the ss and vids sound good lol...should help me when im trying to build my own.. :D

good luck wit it

I'd say the video is more for.. entertainment than instructive lol :D

Okay Package arrived 10 mins ago. Did a check everything is there.

Will be assembling tommorrow!

haha..id say itll help me a bit doh..but should be good to watch too lol :P

good luck

• Advertisement

WHERES THE PC??? :D

WE NEED PICTURES :D:D:D

Nothing better than seeing new pc stuff :)

Advertisement