Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Check - Ordering Tommorrow!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

"Gaming glove"?

Admit it man, you're just buying it so you can have a **** and not bother to wipe your hand afterward.

Wait, are you saying a gaming glove ISN'T for that purpose??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

but it will just get all smelly/dirty.

it must be so hard to be a lefty :D ye should set up a lefty shop like Ned Flanders did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭cianc1

L31mr0d wrote:
    slightly OT but most people who actually think they are left or right handed usually exhibit cross-dominance (not ambidextrous) meaning they prefer one hand over the other, but if thought, can use their weaker hand for other tasks. Thats why a lot of supposed left handed people (actually mixed-handedness) can use a mouse with their right hand. A true leftie, like myself, cannot teach their right hand to use a mouse at all.

I could actually lose my right hand and not miss it, its basically used as a workhorse for shifting things or holding things in place.

Funny that. I'm left handed, but i just went straight for te right hand with the mouse, yet I use the touchpad with my left hand, and then to make matters worse, my dad is right handed and uses the mouse left handed and always leaves it on the left hand side. grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

You 8-15% of the population are ruining it for us righties. I hate using those "neutral" mice for both left/right handed use. Other disadvantages of being left handed include:

have to use special "lefty" scissors
    write from left to right, so that our hand smears the fresh ink across the page.
    Lefties have little choice where they get to sit at large dinners, lest they bump elbows with a righty
    Lefties have little choice where they get to sit in lecture halls. Often the only left-handed desks are on the end of the row. Lefties can't sit in the middle, unless they want to have a hard time writing
    When writing in a 3-ring binder (or spiral notebook), the rings get in the way of our hands when we write on the front side of the paper. (Righties have this problem when writing on the back of the paper, but this is easier to avoid.)
    Many "commonly" used keys are on the right side of the keyboard. For example: backspace, enter, arrows, and numeric keypad
    Bike helmet chin-strap buckles are easier to release with your right hand
    Hand-held jigsaws blow sawdust off to the right side. If you hold it in your right hand, it blows the sawdust away from you. If you hold it in your left hand, it blows sawdust in your face
    Piano keys are arranged so the more rapidly-changing higher notes are played with the right hand. For beginners, the base clef (left hand) is often optional
    Camera shutter buttons are often on the right. Pressing the button with our less-dextrous hand makes it harder for lefties to hold the camera steady while taking a picture
    When firing an automatic or semi-automatic rifle, the ejection port blows casings past your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

When firing an automatic or semi-automatic rifle, the ejection port blows casings past your face.

hahah tough shizzle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im left handed but use my mouse right handed...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement