Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landcruiser Seats

Options
  • 07-06-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

The driver seat on my Lancruiser is looking a bit tired after 100,000 miles of fat arses. The door cards could also do with replacing to match. I was looking on eBay to see if I could find a leather interior, but had no luck.

It's a 2001 Landcruiser Colorado LWB. I'm not sure if getting the original seats re-upholstered is an option because the shape is actually gone out of ther driver's seat.

The good thing is it's a commercial so I only have to pay for changing two seats. I had been thinking of Recaros, like in the high end Hilux Surfs. They are ching ching expensive though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The seats on 'cruisers give up after 100k or so I have had to weld mine several times.
    There is a cross brace that cracks under the seat, and the sides of the back also crack just where they bolt to the lower seat.
    Recaros are good seats and if you can get a pair go for it.
    Rally seats are also an option for less dosh, I had a EAR sports with an inflatable lumbar pad in another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks for that. Upholstery is ripped too so might need replacing.

Think I might stretch the budget to Cobra Le Mans seats.

http://www.cobraseats.com/le_mans.htm

Any idea where would be best place to get these in Dublin? (Read Cheapest)

After market seats are off the menu after having a chat with a friend about it.

Looks like I might:
    A) Buy new Landcruiser seats from Toyota.
    B) Get the interior reconditioned including getting the seats repaired and reupholstered with matching door cards (both possibly in leather).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

new seats from toyota will cost over 7 grand if you order the parts seperately. You could try Cartronics in Santry, they'll do a retrim for around 2500-3000 depending on how many seats you have.

• Advertisement

That sounds shocking. I'm presuming that price is for Leather seats.

Bear in mind that it's a commercial. Only driver and passenger seat.

Oh, Autoglaze do leather for a commercial for around 1k

When you said it was a Colorado, I presumed it was passenger.

I'm presuming its a Colorado. :D I've had it about a month and wasn't even aware of the difference before I bought it. It's definitely not a Prado or an Amazon. It has vertical lats in the grill, Amazon has horizontal. No Prado style bump bar either.

€1,000 aint too bad. Might consider that. Autoglaze aren't exactly the kind of crowd I would have expected to be doing this. Interesting.

an Amazon is the same as a VX100. it has a 4.2 engine. You'd know if you have one!

Does it have air conditioning?

colm_mcm wrote:
    Does it have air conditioning?
    Mine is 3 Litre. It has Air Con and an Auto Box. Unusual for a Commercial.

• Advertisement

likely to be a Prado (JDM) or a Colorado (UK) import. are the back window panels colour coded or black? Also what colour are the wing mirrors, are they chrome, black, or body coloured?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ballooba - Are you anywhere near Bray? I had a guy form out there fit a soft top for me last year, he did an excellent job and wasn't too expensive. His main work appeared to be seat restoration, i'd imagine you could do far worse than to give him a call. His name's Gerry Kileen, and his number is 01-2860094. Hope this helps.

colm_mcm wrote:
    likely to be a Prado (JDM) or a Colorado (UK) import. are the back window panels colour coded or black? Also what colour are the wing mirrors, are they chrome, black, or body coloured?
    Wing mirrors are Chrome. All window panels are colour coded.
    Anan1 wrote:
    Ballooba - Are you anywhere near Bray? I had a guy form out there fit a soft top for me last year, he did an excellent job and wasn't too expensive. His main work appeared to be seat restoration, i'd imagine you could do far worse than to give him a call. His name's Gerry Kileen, and his number is 01-2860094. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, might give him buzz on monday too. I'm expecting a sizeable check next week, it's already burning a hole in my pocket. :D

are there D-4D badges on the wing?

colm_mcm wrote:
    are there D-4D badges on the wing?
    No. Just a GX badge above the handle of the rear door.

It's Irish so. (presuming the badge is original)

It's likely that the leather interior you have is not from Toyota. Leather was only available from factory or retro fit on passenger models. Any leather on commercials would be bought in from elsewhere.

(unless yours was originally registered as passenger, and the conversion was carried out afterwards...)

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's Irish so. (presuming the badge is original)

It's likely that the leather interior you have is not from Toyota. Leather was only available from factory or retro fit on passenger models. Any leather on commercials would be bought in from elsewhere.

(unless yours was originally registered as passenger, and the conversion was carried out afterwards...)
    I should have been more clear. The current interior is cloth.

Any idea whether it's a Prado or Colorado? Would be handy to know, there is no documentation with it.

Prado is the Jap name for it. Colorado is the UK name, The general name for this series is the Land Cruiser 90

The model that's on sale at the moment is the Land Cruiser 120, and the bigger bodied 4.2 model is the Land Cruiser 100

Thanks for that. I was trying to work out for ages what the difference was between the Prado and the Colorado.

I was on to Autoglaze there. €1100. A bit hard to justify it tbh. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ballooba wrote:
    I was on to Autoglaze there. €1100. A bit hard to justify it tbh. :o
    Try Gerry Killeen, he tends to deal in much smaller figures.;)

I must give him a buzz tomorrow. At this stage I am thinking about aftermarket seats. They would come to about €600 I reckon. Not leather though.

I rang Gerry Killeen there. He doesn't sound like a man keen to do business. Maybe he thought there was too much work involved.

I'm watching an interior from an Amazon on eBay. It's a full leather interior. I'm a bit sketchy about buying stuff out of a car that's been crashed though. Especially if someone died in it. :eek:

A Landcruiser 100 (Amazon) will have a will have a completely different interior to your Landcruiser.

I have since found a Colorado interior. Can you offer me any comfort on the person dying in the seat thing Colm? Do they still sell those?:(

ballooba wrote:
    Can you offer me any comfort on the person dying in the seat thing Colm? :(

The only think I can think of is that in a crash involving a Landcruiser, it's probable that the other party came out worse..

Good point, cheers. I got a quote back from a guy in London today €600 for full Leather interior in good shape. Will have to do better than that.

try Nolan Auto Care in bluebell.

colm_mcm wrote:
    try Nolan Auto Care in bluebell.
    Thanks. You're a mine of information. Appreciate it.

Will give them a buzz tomorrow/monday. BTW I forgot to mention, that bird in Auto Glaze got well spooked when I rang. Not sure what was up, lots of questions about who I was. Wasn't sure if she thought I was the competition checking her prices out or what.

• Advertisement

After two months of thinking about it, the car is booked in to be reupholstered on Thurs. Original brand new Landcruiser leather for €400 fitted. Nolan's had a surplus set they were trying to get rid of. Sorted. :)

Thanks Colm.

Advertisement