Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utterly stupid question. Need help.

• 07-06-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

Alright, I'm a guy. I have longish unkempt hair. It used to be a lot longer but I pretty much hacked at it myself. Doesn't look as bad as it sounds, really. It's a bit of a mop all the same.
    I have a job interview coming up and it's time for me to shape up a little bit. I haven't been to a hairdressers in a long, long time. I hear things like 'layering' and make appropriately dumn faces. I don't want a really tight haircut but my knowledge is limited to numbers and 'sure give me a trim'. What to ask for? I'm going to scare the poor guy when I walk in the door, I think. It would be nice to at least know what I want, y'know? Thanks for the advice.

PS. I realize how rediculous this is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

get a pic of something you like and show it to em! Im in the same boat, my hair was 1/2 way down my back... feels soooo good to get it cut shorter!

If you wanna keep the length you should do it - just keep it at behind the ear length and you'l be fine.

I know it sounds kinda queer, but if you want to tidy up without getting a hair cut, get some straighteners. I dont use them myself, but some of the lads do and it cleans them p bigtime. im happy with my curls, they are too good to hide ;p

ps. im not gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Lol, right. Well thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

You wont scare anyone! Have a look through some mags and see a style you like. Or have a chat with the hairdresser, they'll probably throw up some good ideas.

Advertisement