Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modifications and insurance

Options
  • 07-06-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey there, i rang up the insurance company im insuring my car with earlier today to see if i needed to declare an induction kit, up-rated brakes and a de-cat exhaust and if i did, how would it affect insurance. I stayed ananymous and didnt give my name or quote ref. no. so they dont know who it was. The asked what car it was and they said they cannot insure it if it has any performance mods. Its a saxo VTS.

So what should i do?? Remove the mods or just not tell them about them?? I know if i do the latter the insurance may be void.

Jeez, its hard enough tryin to get insured on a VTS.....for a 17 year old:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

get insured on it as standard and then a week later ring them up and ask them how much it would push your insurance up if you decided to put them on your car, the induction kit and up rated breaks shouldnt affect the insurance at all, the de cat may be different, i'm not sure but i dont think insurance companies like these because cars cant pass the nct with a de cat on, not fully sure on that though.

you'll only be gaining 1 - 2 bhp on a de cat anyway, hardly worth mentioning

Advertisement