Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daunting leaving cert?

Options
  • 07-06-2007 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has the leaving cert failed to live up to your grim expectations(so far) ? Like this has been one of the best weeks of my life so far with the sun splitting the stones, getting a nice sun tan(I'm beside the window) easy exams. Yes, this has been quite the week. Hopefully next week follows a similar pattern and I for one will say I loved the expierence of the 'big' LC.

(I was bored so I felt I should write a needless post)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I think we all need to step back and have a look out orselves. I reckon we are talking like its over :( Still a while to go, I will then go on a mad binge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Like everything in life... it's a let down

ugh I sound like an emo...

*goes to slit wrists*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well you know its only doing the LC. when the results are coming soon thats when youll start worrying big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Yeah I feel like the leaving was seriously overrated in terms of difficulty.....which is actually quite bad because I need to be scared and worried about my history and business exams to ensure I get the results I need.Damn easy english and maths.You've lulled me into a false sense of security!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah I feel like the leaving was seriously overrated in terms of difficulty.....which is actually quite bad because I need to be scared and worried about my history and business exams to ensure I get the results I need.Damn easy english and maths.You've lulled me into a false sense of security!

You better not be some kind of prophet! lol. I keep thinking to myself, "this should be so much harder". Let's hope everything else follows this trend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Don't worry, I'm sure both business and history'll be the kick in the balls you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Going very well so far! i wont jynx myself! still a bit to go yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It was never hard in the first place.

If people actually read the exam papers and thought about how difficult the questions in each subject actually were rather than listening to all this bs spouted by the media about the LC being immensly difficult, they'd realise that although challenging, the standard really isn't that high and the LC is not all that difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 memberofpublic

Well I don't think I managed to make up 40% in my Honours Maths paper so I feel just fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JC 2K3, surely you thought it'd be that bit harder aswell?

I thought it'd be so much more worse mentally. Fair enough, I am quite tired, but even witth the element of surprise in questions, nothing too much has thrown me to far off course. Very much easier than I thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just remember easy papers means hard marking :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daraghc

After hearing all the stories of how " the leving cert is the hardest exam you'll ever do" I was getting ready for some serious stress but so far it's like being on holidays!:cool:

Mushy wrote:
    JC 2K3, surely you thought it'd be that bit harder aswell?
    Not really.

Like, I looked at the past English papers. Never any surprises and generally quite a predictable paper. I looked at past Maths papers. They've generally been very easy for the last few years, so unless they wanted to surprise us(which they haven't, yet...) it wasn't going to be hard. As for Irish, well I'm in an all Irish school. I've no idea how everyone else felt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

JC 2K3 wrote:
    If people actually read the exam papers and thought about how difficult the questions in each subject actually were rather than listening to all this bs spouted by the media about the LC being immensly difficult, they'd realise that although challenging, the standard really isn't that high and the LC is not all that difficult.
    Have you looked at past exam papers at all?We've had a much easier time then some of the old leaving certs had.Now i'm not saying their papers were truly difficult, but they're much more difficult then ours have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

JC 2K3 wrote:
    It was never hard in the first place.

Leaving cert is tiring yes,but JC 2K3 is spot on there with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

I feel as if it's such an anticlimax. Looking at my huge folder full of notes in Irish, and knowing I still went in and done totally crap, is just so annoying. Effort doesn't always pay off in the leaving. 2 years of prep? I could have prepared for english the week beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

The leaving cert - why am I so underwhelmed? Last year when I was supervising the exams it looked like a huge deal for everyone who was doing it. Now that its my turn it seems incredibly unremarkable.
    Though whoever suggested the department are 'lulling us into a false sense of security' with these easy papers to start off with could be right. History next Wednesday - argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah nothing's been hard so far, English and Irish were almost too easy, and the standards don't live up to past papers really.

That said, History and Geography are both wildly unpredictable, and Biology will never be a joke of a paper.

Have you looked at past exam papers at all?We've had a much easier time then some of the old leaving certs had.Now i'm not saying their papers were truly difficult, but they're much more difficult then ours have been.
    I don't see how an Irish or English paper can vary much in terms of difficulty.

In any case, you do pass Maths and don't do Irish. You're judging this on English alone, which was not exactly easier or more difficult than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I think hes referring back further than last year more like say 5 or ten years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement