Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding credit to an old 087 phone.Possible?

• 07-06-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

hello,

about 4 or 5 years ago I got an 087 rtg, and almost 2 years ago I got a bill pay meteor, so about 18 months ago the 087 rtg wasn't being used at all. Suddenly, out of the blue, the mrs. heretofore utterly dismissive of all things mobile related, asks can she try the old 087 phone, "for a month or so". OK, so I got €10 credit but it won't accept it. It says "no network coverage".

Do I have to go to a Vodafone shop and ask them for something or other to get the phone to work again. I remember at the time my credit ran out, well it had about €8 - €9 euro on it, but as it was more than 12 months since I'd put credit in it wouldn't let me use it. Presumably with this new tenner I should have €18 credit. Is that how it works?

ta much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not really.

With Vodafone, a 10e top up is required every 6 months. If there's no activity after this, the account is suspend. Normally after 12 months, the number is disconnected and recycled. More than likely, someone else has your old number. Ring Voda and see if it's been reassigned to someone. If it has, it's tough luck, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

Cut your losses and get a new ready to go Vodafone card for €10.
    It'll take the credit, and have some with it. You'll get more credit over the first few months, so it's probably better value than trying to reactivate the old number. If the number hasn't been used in 18 months, it's no big deal
    to have a different one anyway.

Your €8/9 euro is almost definitely gone.
    It's in the Terms and Conditions you accepted by using the phone.
    It has a use by/expiry date.

Worth asking once can you get the card reactivated,
    but I think even if you do, the credit will be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you can get the number back if it hasnt been recycled alright just get a new blank sim card from vodafone and ask them to reassign the number to you if it hasnt already been taken,i do this quite a lot for people in o2,i had a woman screaming at me one day because she needed her number back which had since been recycled to someone else,she maintained it was an important number to her but she hadnt used it in 3 years! cant have been that important now could it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Thanks for the replies so far. Yeah, I appreciate the credit is gone, don't mind that too much. I would like it if I could reactivate the number for a month or two for the mrs. without having to get a whole new rtg phone.

I'll look into the options listed.

thanks.

edit, the number's not been reassigned as I called it to check it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you can just get a new sim-only pack, you dont need to get a new phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement