Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica

• 08-06-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

i made this thread to talk about metallica and when there new album is coming when dey coming to ireland again etc....
    so enjoy saying stuff bout metallica

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

i remember buying ride the lightening when it was released, loved metallica i did, learned all the solo's on all the old songs....., but for maybe two tracks anything after garage days /justice for all is poor IMO, wouldn't go to see them myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I agree. Some of the songs on their latter albums aren't up to scratch, but I'd still go to see them in concert. I think they're unbeatable as a live act. I'm going to see them in Wembley next month too. Can't wait.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah christ, another Metallica thread without any substance. Just like St Anger I guess :p

feylya wrote:
    Ah christ, another Metallica thread without any substance. Just like St Anger I guess :p

Ouch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Pretty much the same thread every 6 months.

Always the same:

New album coming out soon.
    St. Anger sucked.
    They went downhill after ..and justice...
    They're now crap live.
    Any irish gigs?

Dig around kopman, there's threads here and in Gigs/Events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Alter-Ego wrote:

Always the same:

St. Anger sucked.
    They're now crap live.
    Any irish gigs?

and sher, everybody knows Dave Mustaine wrote the first two albums anyway....
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Iv seen Metallica 5 times since 1999, and they have never failed to blow me away. In fact they are so good live I shall be joining Mental Mickey on July 8th at Wembley Stadium

The most annoying thing in the world is having to listen to fifteen year olds outside Metallica gigs talking about how Metallica sold out. Many of them were not even born on the black album's release.

Kill Em All/Ride The Lightning/Master of Puppets/Justice were all amazing albums. However, my favourites are Load/Lighting. I was blown away by Load and ReLoad in the mid 1990s as an impressionable 11 year old. Yes it was a major change in their musical direction, however, it should not be considered an unwelcome change. Fans attitudes towards Load and Reload, have prevented Metallica from using it in their recent setlists. Fuel is the only song which regularly appears in live shows, with The Memory Remians, and Wasting My Hate making occasional appearences.

Frankly it is becoming frustrating how regular Metallica use the Songs from Master Of Puppets and The Black Album during live shows.

Since 1999 I have heard

Battery x5
    Master of Puppets x5
    Thingy x3
    Sanitarium x3
    Heroes x1
    Orion x1
    Damage Inc x2
    Enter Sandman x5
    Sad But True x5
    Holier Than Thou x1
    The Unforgiven x1
    The God That Failed x2
    Nothing Else Matters x5
    Wherever I May Roam x3
    My Friend of Misery (Jam)x1

Unfortunatly I have heard
    2 Songs from Kill Em All (No Remorse x1 Seek and Destroy x5)
    5 From Ride The Lightining (Fade x2, Kutulu x1, Fire x1,Bells x2 Creeping x5)
    3 From Justice (Blackened x2, One x 5, Harvester of Sorrow x2)
    2 from Load (King Nothing x2, Bleeding Me x1)
    2 From Reload (Fuel x5, Memory Remians x1)
    2 From Garage Inc (Turn the Page x1, Whiskey x 3)
    1 From S&M (No Leaf Clover x2)
    2 From St Anger (Frantic x3 St Anger x3)

Its time Metallica change thier setlist. Im not suggesting removing the greats, but I mean give more variety to the fans. Bells is only occasionally played in my presence, while I have heard very little from Justice and the Load era. Iv also heard very little from the Kill Em All Albuim.

More Variety would be great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

well i guess it gives me an excuse to post my alternative take on the stanger album cover..

untitled2og5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Paligulus wrote:
    ;)

i think that deserves to be thread by itself;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it deserves it's own forum

• Advertisement

Het-Field wrote:
    Iv seen Metallica 5 times since 1999, and they have never failed to blow me away. In fact they are so good live I shall be joining Mental Mickey on July 8th at Wembley Stadium

The most annoying thing in the world is having to listen to fifteen year olds outside Metallica gigs talking about how Metallica sold out. Many of them were not even born on the black album's release.

Kill Em All/Ride The Lightning/Master of Puppets/Justice were all amazing albums. However, my favourites are Load/Lighting. I was blown away by Load and ReLoad in the mid 1990s as an impressionable 11 year old. Yes it was a major change in their musical direction, however, it should not be considered an unwelcome change. Fans attitudes towards Load and Reload, have prevented Metallica from using it in their recent setlists. Fuel is the only song which regularly appears in live shows, with The Memory Remians, and Wasting My Hate making occasional appearences.

Frankly it is becoming frustrating how regular Metallica use the Songs from Master Of Puppets and The Black Album during live shows.

Since 1999 I have heard

Battery x5
    Master of Puppets x5
    Thingy x3
    Sanitarium x3
    Heroes x1
    Orion x1
    Damage Inc x2
    Enter Sandman x5
    Sad But True x5
    Holier Than Thou x1
    The Unforgiven x1
    The God That Failed x2
    Nothing Else Matters x5
    Wherever I May Roam x3
    My Friend of Misery (Jam)x1

Unfortunatly I have heard
    2 Songs from Kill Em All (No Remorse x1 Seek and Destroy x5)
    5 From Ride The Lightining (Fade x2, Kutulu x1, Fire x1,Bells x2 Creeping x5)
    3 From Justice (Blackened x2, One x 5, Harvester of Sorrow x2)
    2 from Load (King Nothing x2, Bleeding Me x1)
    2 From Reload (Fuel x5, Memory Remians x1)
    2 From Garage Inc (Turn the Page x1, Whiskey x 3)
    1 From S&M (No Leaf Clover x2)
    2 From St Anger (Frantic x3 St Anger x3)

Its time Metallica change thier setlist. Im not suggesting removing the greats, but I mean give more variety to the fans. Bells is only occasionally played in my presence, while I have heard very little from Justice and the Load era. Iv also heard very little from the Kill Em All Albuim.

More Variety would be great !

Why would more variety be great?? They know exactly what songs that people want to hear!!! Face it, everyone who is a Metallica fan, absolutely LOVES the first 3 albums!!!!! The reason they don't do many songs from AJFA live is that, frankly, they are waaaaaaaaay too long. The only time I remember them doing more than one song from that album was on the Black Album tour, when they did a medley of songs. Also, they don't delve into too many songs from Load/Re-Load cos, frankly, they weren't too well recieved(at least Re-Load wasn't anyway). IF they were to do any songs from Re-Load live, I would love it to be The Unforgiven II - f***in class song.

If the Wembley gig is half as good as the gig in the RDS last summer, we're goin to get our heads blown off!!!!

Now, if only Ticketmaster UK would hurry their a***s up and send out the bloody tickets!!!!!???

See ya there Het-Field!!!:D

EDIT: By the way, has any of you who have purchased tickets for the Metallica gig, received an e-mail letting you know when tickets should be dispatched? I haven't received said e-mail yet, and with the gig being a month away, I'm gettin a WEE bit panicky!!!

Alter-Ego wrote:

Always the same:

St. Anger sucked.
    They're now crap live.
    Any irish gigs?

Metallica crap live???? :D:D:D:D:D:D - are you on drugs pal????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

dont worry about it, everyone loves to moan about metallica.

faceman wrote:
    dont worry about it, everyone loves to moan about metallica.

True. Still,though. He must be f**kin DEAF if he thinks they're s**t live??? If he attended last summer's gig at the RDS, he would disagree entirely.

Paligulus wrote:
    ;)

Where is he now though......? Playin s**tholes like the Ambassador!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I never said metallica were crap live. I was clearly giving an example of the sh1t that comes up whenever sombody starts a "Metallica" thread.
    True. Still,though. He must be f**kin DEAF if he thinks they're s**t live??? If he attended last summer's gig at the RDS, he would disagree entirely.

I was at the gig last summer and i've been at better gigs tbh.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

For anyone whos interested in hearing the two new metallica songs in studio quality go here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS5rODQ2ao&mode=related&search=
    And here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmMW3Dp7Nw&mode=related&search=

There not actually played by metallica buy by some guy who covers them really good, plus its in studio quality so. Imo they sound way way way better recorded than when played live by metallica but I still wouldnt buy a cd with them on it. Esp the second one, to me its just god awfull. Still though its a hell of a lot better than st."Festering pile of crap" anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Where is he now though......? Playin s**tholes like the Ambassador!!!!:rolleyes:

So by that logic Westlife are one of the best quality bands in the world cos they always play loads of dates in big venues?

HEY, what are you saying about Westlife?!

HEY I'm saying that because they play bigger venues than Metallica over here they are clearly the superior musical force.

• Advertisement

Ah, grand. I thought you were saying they were bad :D

Only if by bad you mean Michael Jackson bad, in which case, yes, they're bad mofos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

feylya wrote:
    ^^ Definitely the most interesting and original statement posted in a Metallica thread on boards.ie. Any more, and its like squeezing blood out of a turnip

/me takes a bow

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never understood what was (supposedly) so great about the Black album...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

^ as a long time hard core metallica fan i can no longer listen to the original album version of the songs as i find the album too over produced. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Metallica threads are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yussss!!! Another Metallica thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

he was saying that westlife are better than metalica live. Gettim boy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Personally I think the main problem with Metallica, as a band, is that it insists upon itself.

Advertisement