Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Patricide wrote:
    For anyone whos interested in hearing the two new metallica songs in studio quality go here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS5rODQ2ao&mode=related&search=
    And here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmMW3Dp7Nw&mode=related&search=

There not actually played by metallica buy by some guy who covers them really good, plus its in studio quality so. Imo they sound way way way better recorded than when played live by metallica but I still wouldnt buy a cd with them on it. Esp the second one, to me its just god awfull. Still though its a hell of a lot better than st."Festering pile of crap" anger.

Rob said in an interview that those two songs wont be on the new album, which I was delighted to hear!!!
    Still kinda worries me that thats the kinda stuff it could be like.

I'm still gona hope for a good album though...... and pray!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jaysus, Lars is going ninety on the double bass! Songs are nice and heavy anyway...nothing spectacular though. James sounds very different.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There not actually played by metallica buy by some guy who covers them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Why would more variety be great?? They know exactly what songs that people want to hear!!! Face it, everyone who is a Metallica fan, absolutely LOVES the first 3 albums!!!!! The reason they don't do many songs from AJFA live is that, frankly, they are waaaaaaaaay too long. The only time I remember them doing more than one song from that album was on the Black Album tour, when they did a medley of songs. Also, they don't delve into too many songs from Load/Re-Load cos, frankly, they weren't too well recieved(at least Re-Load wasn't anyway). IF they were to do any songs from Re-Load live, I would love it to be The Unforgiven II - f***in class song.

If the Wembley gig is half as good as the gig in the RDS last summer, we're goin to get our heads blown off!!!!

Now, if only Ticketmaster UK would hurry their a***s up and send out the bloody tickets!!!!!???

See ya there Het-Field!!!:D

EDIT: By the way, has any of you who have purchased tickets for the Metallica gig, received an e-mail letting you know when tickets should be dispatched? I haven't received said e-mail yet, and with the gig being a month away, I'm gettin a WEE bit panicky!!!
    f

Dont worry MM. If youve booked them they will come.:D

Variety : More Kill Em All
    Less Black Album
    Slightly Less Puppetz

My Dream SetList For Wembley

1.Blackened
    2.Master Of Puppets
    3.Ride The Lightning
    4.Welcome Home Sanatarium
    5.Harvester of Sorrow
    6.No Remorse
    7.The Unforgiven/The Unforgiven ii (Medley)
    8.Fuel
    9.Trapped Under Ice
    10.Enter Sandman

11.The Memory Remains
    12.Fade To Black
    13.Nothing Else Matters
    14.Creeping Death
    15.One
    16.Whiplash

17.So What/Last Caress
    18.The Four Horsemen
    19.Breadfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Thatd be one niceeee setlist, the only thing id add in there would be the obligitory cover of whiskey (what can i say, im a sucker for that song) and i dissapear just cause i think its such an underrated metallica song and ive never heard of it being played live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Paligulus wrote:
    Personally I think the main problem with Metallica, as a band, is that it insists upon itself.
    Haha!
    Patricide wrote:
    i dissapear just cause i think its such an underrated metallica song and ive never heard of it being played live.
    There's a reason for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Patricide wrote:
    Thatd be one niceeee setlist, the only thing id add in there would be the obligitory cover of whiskey (what can i say, im a sucker for that song) and i dissapear just cause i think its such an underrated metallica song and ive never heard of it being played live.
    I do recall the, playing that the last time they were in Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've never understood what was (supposedly) so great about the Black album...
    Nothing much, pretty meh.
    Regular post about them sucking after the fourth album etc.
    St anger is good if I really want to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hmm... hetfield, I'm wondering how accurate your set list is... certainly if you saw them in Ireland I remember them playing The Four Horsemen in 2004 to start with...

Overall I was disappointed by their performance here in 2004, but in 2006 they were superb!

Hmm... hetfield, I'm wondering how accurate your set list is... certainly if you saw them in Ireland I remember them playing The Four Horsemen in 2004 to start with...
    No they didn't.
    The only songs they played from Kill 'Em All were No Remorse and S&D.

• Advertisement

I didnt go, id seen metallica like 3 times before so i couldnt justify payig 60 euro to see em again.

Aw but c'mon, Linkin Park were there! How could you not go?!!?!?

I was there for the year with linkin park haha, and as much as 99% of people despise them with all the fury of the earth i have no shame in saying that i like them(well up to there latest abomination of an album, whoud a thunk that taken out the rap would make them SUCK BALLS-to me anyway).

I dont remember them playing i dissapear then but i did get knocked out for a bit of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

Het-Field wrote:

The most annoying thing in the world is having to listen to fifteen year olds outside Metallica gigs talking about how Metallica sold out. Many of them were not even born on the black album's release.

so? sothey know that they were really good and now suck and have become to corprate, its clear their not in it for the metal anymore and why should it matter they're age? are you not allowed to like the rolling stones because their from a different generation?
    Het-Field wrote:
    Since 1999 I have heard

Battery x5
    Master of Puppets x5
    Thingy x3
    Sanitarium x3
    Heroes x1
    Orion x1
    Damage Inc x2
    Enter Sandman x5
    Sad But True x5
    Holier Than Thou x1
    The Unforgiven x1
    The God That Failed x2
    Nothing Else Matters x5
    Wherever I May Roam x3
    My Friend of Misery (Jam)x1

Unfortunatly I have heard
    2 Songs from Kill Em All (No Remorse x1 Seek and Destroy x5)
    5 From Ride The Lightining (Fade x2, Kutulu x1, Fire x1,Bells x2 Creeping x5)
    3 From Justice (Blackened x2, One x 5, Harvester of Sorrow x2)
    2 from Load (King Nothing x2, Bleeding Me x1)
    2 From Reload (Fuel x5, Memory Remians x1)
    2 From Garage Inc (Turn the Page x1, Whiskey x 3)
    1 From S&M (No Leaf Clover x2)
    2 From St Anger (Frantic x3 St Anger x3)

More Variety would be great!

you don't like fuel or the memory remains? wtf! or one! what the hell!
    everyone likes fuel and one. and whiskey for that matter (the song too)

Patricide wrote:
    I was there for the year with linkin park haha, and as much as 99% of people despise them with all the fury of the earth i have no shame in saying that i like them(well up to there latest abomination of an album, whoud a thunk that taken out the rap would make them SUCK BALLS-to me anyway).

I dont remember them playing i dissapear then but i did get knocked out for a bit of it.
    They played I dissapear the second time.

They played I dissapear the second time.

Setlist 1999 (not in order as i cant exactly remember)

Breadfan
    Master Of Puppets
    Call of Kutulu
    Fight Fire with Fire
    Memory Remains
    King Nothing
    Fuel
    Bleeding Me
    Turn The Page
    Sad But True
    One
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Thing That Should Not Be
    Of Wolf and Man
    Battery
    Whiskey In The Jar

Setlist 2003
    Battery
    Master Of Puppets
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Sanitarium
    Frantic
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    St Anger
    No Remorse
    Seek and Destroy
    Sad But True

Fuel
    Blackened
    Creeping Death

Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman

Blackened
    Fuel
    Sad But True
    Fade To Black
    Frantic
    King Nothing
    Wherever I May Roam
    Holier Than Thou
    St Ange
    Creeping Death
    Battery
    No Leaf Clover
    Nothing Else Matters
    Master Of Puppets
    One
    Enter Sandman
    Whiskey in The Jar
    Seek and Destroy

Creeping Death
    Fuel
    Wherevedr I May Roam
    God That Failed
    The Unforgiven
    Battery
    Master Of Puppets
    Thing that Should Not Be
    Sanitarium
    Disposable Heroes
    Leper Messiah
    Orion
    Damage Inc
    Sad But True
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    Whiskey in The Jar
    Seek and Destroy

Refresh all Memories

maxitwist wrote:
    so? sothey know that they were really good and now suck and have become to corprate, its clear their not in it for the metal anymore and why should it matter they're age? are you not allowed to like the rolling stones because their from a different generation?

you don't like fuel or the memory remains? wtf! or one! what the hell!
    everyone likes fuel and one. and whiskey for that matter (the song too)

Ah no man. I love those songs, and they are great live. I aint complaining, just asking for more variety

They played Whisky in the Jar in 2003. Was my first ever gig, I remember that one well.

Mushy wrote:
    They played Whisky in the Jar in 2003. Was my first ever gig, I remember that one well.

Na man. Remember, in 2004 people were shouting for Whiskey for the entire set, and Hetfield says "what you want" to which the crowd responded Whiskey, and hetfield exclaimed "we forgot to play it last time". They never played it in 2003 they finished with Enter Sandman.

Finally, I got my tickets for METALLICA AT WEMBLEY. And they look COOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was there for the gig they skipped whiskey, made my day. I was ****ing delighted. They left One for the last song.. far better finish to the night, way more climactic than that second rate cover.

I really thought they weren't going to play it (one) :(

• Advertisement

Het-Field wrote:
    Na man. Remember, in 2004 people were shouting for Whiskey for the entire set, and Hetfield says "what you want" to which the crowd responded Whiskey, and hetfield exclaimed "we forgot to play it last time". They never played it in 2003 they finished with Enter Sandman.

Finally, I got my tickets for METALLICA AT WEMBLEY. And they look COOL

I wasnt there in 2004 myself. But if you look at what Mordeth says, they skipped Whiskey, played One at the end....definately not 2003. They did play Whiskey in 2003, definately did. They finished the gig with Sandman, not One, so it has to be different.

Mushy wrote:
    I wasnt there in 2004 myself. But if you look at what Mordeth says, they skipped Whiskey, played One at the end....definately not 2003. They did play Whiskey in 2003, definately did. They finished the gig with Sandman, not One, so it has to be different.

http://www.encyclopedia-metallica.com/live/1349.shtml

http://www.encyclopedia-metallica.com/live/1437.shtml

Check the links and check the years. I would put my life, house and family on it that Metallica didnt play Whiskey in 2003. Finished with on3e and sandman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

They didnt play it in 2003 - a tremendous gig was received with boos as a result, absolute sh*te...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thewing wrote:
    They didnt play it in 2003 - a tremendous gig was received with boos as a result, absolute sh*te...

boos? not at the metallica gig i was at in 03. as much as its fun hearing them play it, hetfield told the crowd why they couldnt play it. lets not forget that its not whiskey that made metallica!! the first 2 gigs when everyone was shoutin whiskey was great, but since then its boring. id rather hear them somethin else they aint played here before or somethin

Alright lads, I do give in. Faceman has it there. Hetfield said it was because Trujillio didnt know it. Is that right? If thats the case, then yes, they didnt play it. Think I remember it now. just for clarification for me, is that why they didnt play it?

Mushy wrote:
    Alright lads, I do give in. Faceman has it there. Hetfield said it was because Trujillio didnt know it. Is that right? If thats the case, then yes, they didnt play it. Think I remember it now. just for clarification for me, is that why they didnt play it?

It was something like Trujillo not knowing that.

However, that tour had a standard setlist all over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Het-Field wrote:
    It was something like Trujillo not knowing that.

However, that tour had a standard setlist all over

every tour does, with some variations in each venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It was a song that I'd say wouldn't actually be requested by the crowd, afaik Robert didn't know it, I have the mp3's for both the gigs here and they didn't playing it the first time in the RDS but did the second.

faceman wrote:
    every tour does, with some variations in each venue.
    Yep...hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Any ideas why they aint playing in Ireland this year? (sorry if this was asked already!) or when they'll next be playing here again? Missed out last tour and really want to hear I disappear and Whiskey in a jar live - fab songs!

Edit:
    Sorry lads, just saw another thread closed regarding metallica coming to Ireland. Sorry! Will just have to keep a close eye on their site and save up to go :) Cheers!

Advertisement