Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

I gotta to find out when they are coming to Ireland. Must go to that because unfortunately I missed last summer:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

01. Creeping Death
    02. For Whom The Bell Tolls
    03. Wherever I May Roam
    04. Disposable Heroes
    05. Kirk Hammett Solo
    06. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    07. ...And Justice For All
    08. The Memory Remains
    09. No Leaf Clover
    10. Rob Trujillo Solo
    11. Orion
    12. Fade To Black
    13. Master Of Puppets
    14. Battery
    15. Sad But True
    16. Nothing Else Matters
    17. One
    18. Enter Sandman
    19. Whiplash
    20. Seek And Destroy

Just thought i'd post up a recent setlist from Metallica, this is from Denmark.

Interesting additions are ...And justice for all:D , Whiplash:D and playing Orion without laying the full M.O.P. album. Not sure about them doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Is that solo not supposed to part of Orion now? He went off on a little solo IIRC before they played orion in Dublin last year, it sounded like it was meant to be part of Orion, it was in the same key and sounded similar. Something about it being homage to Burton...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I hate Metallica since they moaned about you know what, lost all credibility, they'll never get a penny outa me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

MooseJam wrote:
    I hate Metallica since they moaned about you know what, lost all credibility, they'll never get a penny outa me

Dont start with the napster rubbish. Before you pass comment read the book "justice for all: The truth about metallica" by Joel McIver.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-All-Truth-About-Metallica/dp/184449828X/ref=pd_bowtega_1/203-9429194-0343962?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184663717&sr=1-1

the author is a big fan but its clear he hates post black album metallica music but his in depth detail and interviews with other bands about metallica are very revealing. The whole napster affair is spoken about in great detail and is a must read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Yea, bought that book before I left for the move to the US. Great reading, lots of in-depth info on the emerging bay-area thrash scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

top class book alright!

also interesting little read on blabbermouth
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=76943

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

MooseJam wrote:

You should always seperate the music from the artists themselves. A lot of my favourite music is made by assholes, doesn't stop me loving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

corkimp wrote:
    I disappear and Whiskey in a jar live

Gah they have so much better songs in the back catalogue then those two songs

I've never actually listened to any metallica, looking through my collection I have the following albums , are any of these worth a listen ? which is the best

Black Album
    ... And Justice For All
    garage inc
    kill 'em all
    load
    master of puppets
    metallica
    Reload
    ride the lightning
    s & m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

listen to them all mate:D ,seriously though master of puppets is the best imo.:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

S&M is the best introduction to Metallica at this stage I think. The heavy songs are heavy, the Load and Reload era songs are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

feylya wrote:
    S&M is the best introduction to Metallica at this stage I think. The heavy songs are heavy, the Load and Reload era songs are great.

Have to completely disagree - the best way, IMO is the order they came out in - showing the progression and maturing of a band.

That said, I personally think that between them Load and Reload have a good album between them, St Anger is a pile of dribble and S & M is actually a waste of time - if anything the entire thing should have been done without Lars on the drums. I just thought he tried to dominate over everything when it should have been subtle with the guitars and vocals being supported by the orchestra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Hif anything the entire thing should have been done without Lars on the drums. I just thought he tried to dominate over everything when it should have been subtle with the guitars and vocals being supported by the orchestra

hes being doing that for 20 years.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Check out ride the lightning first , thats how i was introduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Personally i loved S&M, thought it was absolutely fantastic.
    Will have to go back and see if i hear what your'e talking about regarding the drumming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

faceman wrote:
    Dont start with the napster rubbish. Before you pass comment read the book "justice for all: The truth about metallica" by Joel McIver.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-All-Truth-About-Metallica/dp/184449828X/ref=pd_bowtega_1/203-9429194-0343962?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1184663717&sr=1-1

the author is a big fan but its clear he hates post black album metallica music but his in depth detail and interviews with other bands about metallica are very revealing. The whole napster affair is spoken about in great detail and is a must read.

But what does it say in relation to what the other poster was talking about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

But what does it say in relation to what the other poster was talking about?

you'd have to read the book

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Alter-Ego wrote:
    Pretty much the same thread every 6 months.

Always the same:

New album coming out soon.
    St. Anger sucked.
    They went downhill after ..and justice...
    They're now crap live.
    Any irish gigs?

Dig around kopman, there's threads here and in Gigs/Events.

Thats funnny cause the black album sold more than previous releases, also went on a stadium tour, then headline with gn'r in another stadium tour????????

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Hmm... hetfield, I'm wondering how accurate your set list is... certainly if you saw them in Ireland I remember them playing The Four Horsemen in 2004 to start with...

Overall I was disappointed by their performance here in 2004, but in 2006 they were superb!

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

hyn-zie wrote:
    Agreed
    how did you get inside your balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

When the f are they coming out with a new album??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

as soon as the next generation of 12 year olds turn 13/14 and start rebelling against their parents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

MooseJam wrote:

but they werent getting a penny outa anyway if you used " you know what"....... ( this feels like a dodgy rewrite of harry potter :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Their albums have gone downhill steadily since the start with the black album being maybe the only decent thing in the last 15 years.

But as a live band, they are still incredible. I have a copy of their performance from Wembly at the beginning of July and its amazing to listen to, saw them last year as well. On stage you cant deny that they've still got it

but they werent getting a penny outa anyway if you used " you know what"....... ( this feels like a dodgy rewrite of harry potter :))

very true lol

Advertisement