Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lack of Activity

• 08-06-2007 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Come on...what's going on in Irish simracing??

I'm on GPL VROC a good few nights a week and while there seems to be every nation represented, no Irish....

Where are you all hiding?

Or are you actually out driving modded cars around our quiet country roads?! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I've driven a little bit of GPL this year, was in the UKGPL Div2 as a reserve but only made it to 2 races. Other than that I've let my wheel and pedals gather dust as without the time to properly practice you can't be competitive, which I rather like being :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

After a bit of a break I'm using Rfactor again, the odd race online, I must be crap cause I never manage to finish. I love the game but take a week off and you spend the next week updating your mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

last time I checked VROC it was pretty quiet so I haven't bothered since. Been playing about with NR2003 and rfactor, with a sprinkling of LFS.

Although, Im in a different timezone!
    Or are you actually out driving modded cars around our quiet country roads?!

Not likely! if I had the disposable income right now, I wouldnt be pi$$ing about with road cars, Id be racing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Well at the moment on LFS we have an Irish league with about 10 drivers regularly. It's little disorganised but hey... they're irish! :D
    There a couple of all irish teams and theres 2 Irish community servers, one of which is mine.
    In the community there are well over 30 regular irish guys on LFS.

@dubtom: thats the problem with games that allow modding... come join the rest of us in LFS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Be nice to get something, on any sim, organised...I'm always amazed at the lack of interest here in sim racing.

Maybe some nice new titles might get things started.

Anyone looking forward to this year's releases...and which ones?

• Advertisement

Anyone looking forward to this year's releases...and which ones?

kartsim, thats about it, unless there are other decent releases coming. Hopefully this one will deliver on its promise.

http://www.kartsim.com/

nikimere wrote:
    Well at the moment on LFS we have an Irish league with about 10 drivers regularly. It's little disorganised but hey... they're irish! :D
    There a couple of all irish teams and theres 2 Irish community servers, one of which is mine.
    In the community there are well over 30 regular irish guys on LFS.

@dubtom: thats the problem with games that allow modding... come join the rest of us in LFS :)

Niki I was following this thread where you mentioned you were considering starting a leaque. Is it up and running or is the one started in the thread the only one right now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I still race at times with my new G25 wheel :)
    For offline racing its usually rfactor mods F1 79,Aussie V8s,offline because the ai are nice and i can customize my own season etc.
    For online racing i still play LFS,it is just outstanding online and perfect for leagues etc.
    I used to live on VROC but the F1 79 mod for rfactor gives me that old F1 buzz now instead of GPL.
    I kinda went away from leagues for a few years now after many years participating and running leagues,i tried to get an Irish league off the ground too but nobody was interested.
    WOW has got me by the balls the last 2 years tbh and gets most of my gaming time.
    Having said that i still enjoy simracing immensely,had a blast on redline racings LFS server lastnight,had to reformat recently so lost ALL my uber setups :(
    What are the names of the Irish LFSserves guys?

EDIT ive just been to www.teameire.org,ill look out for TE servers,hope to pop on your server soon :)

I think the names are "Team Eire" and "Racing for Ireland"

Hope to have a G25 in the next few weeks, the MS Sidewinder has seen a lot of miles and is looking the worse for wear!

Yes the 2 Irish servers are T7R|Ireland (mine) and Team Eire
    The TE lads are running the only Irish league at the moment and are EXTREMELY disorganised!
    As SouperComputer said i will be starting an Irish league soon and it WILL be organised properly. It will also only be for Irish drivers, something which the TE league isn't.
    I will be sure to give you guys here plenty of notice before it starts :)

• Advertisement

Neither server showing up for me.
    Cancel that,i filtered empty servers on and they showed up.

I am dying for a bit of online competition, as GPL is getting far too difficult.

I installed LFS a while back, but the first online race I had consisted of two cars ramming my car over and over again?!!!

Could someone let me know where the proper racing is?

Im currently racing on redline racing servers,they are running the FOX class and they are just brilliant for close racing.
    You get some who think the race is won in first corner but on the whole its well adminned and has tough but clean racers.

I agree with you about GPL.
    Unless you are playing it regularly your at nothing i find.
    LFS is just the business for online racing.

I am dying for a bit of online competition, as GPL is getting far too difficult.

Could someone let me know where the proper racing is?

Your best bet is to join a league if you want proper racing. Can't recommend the http://www.ukgpl.com enough, great setup and tough but fair modding of races. What GPL rank are you? The bottom divisions tend to be won by the drivers that stay on the track :)

Had a couple of races in UKGPL alright. Found the rules a bit too strict for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

I gave up on rfactor as well.

No matter how many tracks & cars I had downloaded & installed the servers all seemd to be running different combinations that I didn't have.

GT Legends was quite good recently, I guess most people have moved on from it. I was actually competitive :D

I've spent a bit of time with LFS recently - been on both the T7R & Team Eire servers - its quite good to know that you can actually join in any server you want, no worries about what mods they are running.

Strangest thing I've seen is the livetocruise server(s). I don't realyl understand the attraction. People just driving around, obeying rules of the road ? wtf ?

Yup me too,i pretty much race LFS 100% of the time.
    I still play rfactor for offline seasons etc but LFS is number 1.

Had a couple of races in UKGPL alright. Found the rules a bit too strict for a beginner.

heh, i'd one particularily dodgy season, thought I was faster than I was and kept running out of talent. Best way to learn though is by getting slapped for being silly, went from around +80 to -20 rank in 3 seasons or so :)

and oops, i edited your post a few up instead of quoting it.

Hmm seems like the boards LFS fanclub is growing a bit! :D
    I think it's time for a "proper" Irish LFS League!

I'll get to work on a calendar tonight and we'll get this road on the show!

Watch this space!

[EDIT] BTW, if anyone is interested i am running a one-off event tonight at 7.00pm. If your interested in some clean, fun and competitive single seater racing then see here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25944 for sign-up and more info.

Advertisement