Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Cinema - Opens Today

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

True, and perhaps I should have put some form of smily face at the end of my post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sully wrote:
    I dont think they can be blamed for bad film, if what people say is true - we get left overs.

I really don't know how you can possibly deduce that a film that was only released for nationwide showing during the week is a "left over", especially considering they were showing advance screenings of it over the past week!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was the movie not released elsewhere? In other countries?

Or do we get a copy for each cinema?

I must find out exactly how this operates, so we know what they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

storm had simpsons on the world release date, die hard was released on its due date, i dont think it gets "left overs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

paul666 wrote:
    storm had simpsons on the world release date, die hard was released on its due date, i dont think it gets "left overs"
    storm cinemas have the money behind them to get films new and not used, you have a point there any film they have they,ve shown it on its release date and not a few weeks after like cineplex does at times or sometimes does,nt even bother to get the film at all, like so what if there is a few teething problems the place is new and these things like a film snapping is beyond control it does happen, i can remember it happening on many occasions with the cineplex over the years even when it first opened

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

paul666 wrote:

My apologises. Unless some of these films get damaged during play. I have no idea to be honest who it works, so I cant comment :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Reel could have been damaged by the projectionist when it was being put together or else there was a mistake when putting it thru the projector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I'm more angry about the 10 minute delay. Mistakes happen, this was also poor management.

Wouldnt be the first time for bad management.. Remember Harry Potter? "Film delayed" notices went up everywhere, then management said it wasnt, other staff said it was. In the end, it started on time but left lots of people confused and late.

Advertisement