Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top darts player

• 08-06-2007 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hey im posting this for my dad. he lived in england for years as a professional player and beat all the top lads, ovens, bristo etc. he captained his county team in england and here he played with and against many of the great players like talyor aswell. he then decided to come home to raise a family and didnt play for years. he went back to play for a pub team but got annoyed with peoples attitude with people going to the bar and music in the bar whilst playing. now he isnt as good as he once was as he didnt play for years but anytime were in a pub he always kills people, myself included and im not half bad. is there still a serious market/stage in the country ar the minute??? any good teams around etc??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Firstly where are you?? Most leagues would have no music in the background but you will always have players going to the bar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You need to tell us where you live mate. I find that very surprising that they have music on during a League game. I know they wouldn't do that in the South Dublin League and players are usually given great order when throwing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

king do you no of any dart teams in the clondalkin area??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

matty84 wrote:
    king do you no of any dart teams in the clondalkin area??
    There used to be a team in a pub called The Shalows (think that is the name of it or it is somthing like that).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Don't know much about the North Dublin League but you might find some info in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054860256

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote:
    There used to be a team in a pub called The Shalows (think that is the name of it or it is somthing like that).
    the swallows i think you mean??were they any use??im thinking of starting one up at my local finches pub they had one a couple of years bak!when does the season begin,is there a website tat gives you information on what you need to do to join..

thanks

matty84 wrote:
    the swallows i think you mean??were they any use??im thinking of starting one up at my local finches pub they had one a couple of years bak!when does the season begin,is there a website tat gives you information on what you need to do to join..

thanks

I had a quick look and I couldn't find a site for the League around your area. They might not have one. Season usually starts in October so you should be looking to get your team sorted for September.

thanks king fair play,,so are you gonna try qualify for the skybet in citywest i tink thats late september as well i might try for the craic :D

matty84 wrote:
    thanks king fair play,,so are you gonna try qualify for the skybet in citywest i tink thats late september as well i might try for the craic :D

Ah yeah I'll go try for a laugh. I went last year and won two matches :eek: Got hammered in the third though. It's good experience giving it a go. Plus it's great craic that night :D

how much is it to enter the qualifiers,??id say ye have to win around 10 games to get to the tv stages:D ,,im definately gonna try myself any excuse for a session:p

• Advertisement

matty84 wrote:
    how much is it to enter the qualifiers,??id say ye have to win around 10 games to get to the tv stages:D ,,im definately gonna try myself any excuse for a session:p

There was 350 players there last year. They have it in Dundalk. I think it was €20 to enter so not much at all.

thats for nothing,,ill keep my eye out on the pdc website for information about the qualifying cheers

Advertisement