Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding credit to 087 out of Ireland?

• 08-06-2007 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Vodafone have deactivated my vodafone account because I haven't topped up my phone in 6 months.
    Not too worried about the phone for now, but it stops me accessing my email account.

Is there anyway to get it switched back on? The phone isn't in Ireland anymore, doubt if topping it up will work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It can be topped up at a bank of ireland or aib atm. Probably other ones too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Get a friend/family member to add some credit to your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

If you have AIB online banking you can top it up online, I'd imagine BOI online banking has this feature too. Also, you can ring Vodafone and top it up with a credit card over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Does the phone not need to be in Ireland for the credit to hit it?

If not, then there shouldn't be a problem. Just didn't want to waste the money trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

Or you can use vouchers of any Vodafone network

andy0 wrote:
    Or you can use vouchers of any Vodafone network
    are you sure about that? i don't think you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Awful Scut

Rabies wrote:
    Does the phone not need to be in Ireland for the credit to hit it?

If not, then there shouldn't be a problem. Just didn't want to waste the money trying.

It works. My girlfriend lives in Spain and I put a fiver in her phone every now and again so she doesn't lose her 300 free texts.

are you sure about that? i don't think you can
    This is true of most Vodafone networks.

I had not previously specifically checked Vodafone Ireland, but I discovered that they have a useful website. Are you sure it was too much effort to look?

http://www.vodafone.ie/readytogo/roamingcoverage/international/toppingup/countrylist.jsp

andy0 wrote:

I had not previously specifically checked Vodafone Ireland, but I discovered that they have a useful website. Are you sure it was too much effort to look?

http://www.vodafone.ie/readytogo/roamingcoverage/international/toppingup/countrylist.jsp
    Looks like I can't use NZ Vodafone :(

• Advertisement

andy0 wrote:

there's no need for the sarcasm mate it was just a question. and yes, searching their website would have been a lot more effort

usually when i'm talking to someone, if they say something that i think might be incorrect, my first port of call will be to ask are they sure and then i may check up what they've said on the internet if i am not convinced. i will make a note of the fact that this is unacceptable with you

there's no need for the sarcasm mate it was just a question. and yes, searching their website would have been a lot more effort

usually when i'm talking to someone, if they say something that i think might be incorrect, my first port of call will be to ask are they sure and then i may check up what they've said on the internet if i am not convinced. i will make a note of the fact that this is unacceptable with you
    Actually, it appears that the patronising sarcasm originated from you

I don't make a habit of posting guesswork on any forum, unless I specifically say I haven't checked.

It would have taken you less than one minute to establish that the ignorance was yours, not mine.

Though it would appear that in fact this is not quite true of every single Vodafone network, as noted in my post below.

Rabies wrote:
    Looks like I can't use NZ Vodafone :(
    Yes, apologies, I only noticed your location after my other posts

And I'm not sure what this means about whether you could top up with a different country voucher while you are there

In fact it originated with you, it continued with me. I see no need to be polite to someone who has been rude to me for no reason. Yes indeed i could have checked. I chose to post my question on a discussion board instead. An odd concept i know

and in fact i did check afterwards and discovered that you were partially correct and as far as the op is concerned you were wrong. If the op had seen your post before i posted up suggesting it might have been incorrect, he'd have been off down the shop for credit they don't sell. I decided i should save him an unnecessary trip by suggesting you might be wrong first and then checking afterwards

In fact it originated with you, it continued with me. I see no need to be polite to someone who has been rude to me for no reason. Yes indeed i could have checked. I chose to post my question on a discussion board instead. An odd concept i know

and in fact i did check afterwards and discovered that you were partially correct and as far as the op is concerned you were wrong. If the op had seen your post before i posted up suggesting it might have been incorrect, he'd have been off down the shop for credit they don't sell. I decided i should save him an unnecessary trip by suggesting you might be wrong first and then checking afterwards

I've already added extra comments and apologised to the OP, before this unnecessary and misleading post.

The first rude post is yours - asking a patronising question about something you didn't know, and were too b... lazy to look.

Your original comment would have had people believe that it was impossible to top up any Vodafone SIM at all when roaming in another country, which is erroneous, and no amount of pretence now alters that then.

You didn't look it up until this morning, or you might have posted this helpful news before 5 am. You hadn't even looked before your post at 0913, that it was too much like effort for you. So save us the bullsh1t know-it-all revisionism.
    ___

Other Vodafone SIMs (incl UK) can be topped up in NZ with NZ vouchers, so it might be worth the OP contacting Vodafone in Ireland and New Zealand to discuss this a bit more

\o/

Group hug and share the love.

andy0 wrote:
    I've already added extra comments and apologised to the OP, before this unnecessary and misleading post.

The first rude post is yours - asking a patronising question about something you didn't know, and were too b... lazy to look.
    how the hell was it patronising? i didn't think you could do it and i said so. i fail to see how its patronising. being patronising has nothing to do with laziness.

and how can someone be patronising if they're asking an honest question about something they don't know the answer to? surely being patronising would mean asking a question i know the answer to in order to be condescending?

also, it wasn't unnecessary. as it turns out you were incorrect. had i not posted suggesting doubt the op would have accepted what you said. because i posted suggesting it might not work, he checked for himself.

as an aside, the op could have checked that "in a minute" as you say making the thread unnecessary. since you seem to define patronising as "asking a question that i could find out the answer to myself", is this entire thread patronising? are most threads on this forum patronising?
    andy0 wrote:
    Your original comment would have had people believe that it was impossible to top up any Vodafone SIM at all when roaming in another country, which is erroneous, and no amount of pretence now alters that then.
    there is no pretence. i said "i don't think you can" and asked you to confirm what you said. at no point did i definitively state anything. i was simply asking for confirmation which we got as a result of my post
    andy0 wrote:
    You didn't look it up until this morning, or you might have posted this helpful news before 5 am. You hadn't even looked before your post at 0913, that it was too much like effort for you. So save us the bullsh1t know-it-all revisionism.
    no i was in a rush out the door which is why i didn't look it up until later. i still felt i should post suggesting it might not be correct in order to get a definitive answer before sending the op off on an unnecessary trip. i have tried to figure out how that could have been construed as patronising. i have failed.

Advertisement