Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got very lucky with my NTL connection today

Options
  • 08-06-2007 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I arrived into my apartment today at about 2pm, knocked on the computer and sat down with a snack in front of it. It didn't take me long to realise my NTL connection was offline. So I'm standing by my window cursing the world as it took them three weeks to get an engineer out the last time to fix it. Out of the window I notice a guy next to a stumpy white van carrying a router. The van is unmarked but it's exactly the same type as the last NTL engineer called out to me in. So I quickly open the window and call the guy over and low and behold he is an NTL engineer, at our block to do a broadband installation. So I ask him if he'll look at my broadband and he says he'll 'try'. But he's going on another call while he waits for the guy from the other apratment to get back. I immediately rang NTL and told them my connection was down but the engineer on site promised me he'd fix it so would she add the call to his list, which she did. So I waited for him and forty minutes later he arrives back and I catch him on the way in. I tell him that I was on to NTL and they promised me that he would fix it since he was onsite. He thanked me, which didn't seem very sincere but I was kinda enjoying myself at this point so I didn't mind at all. Anyways my connection was back on in no time. Dunno what he did or didn't do but ANYTHING is better than three weeks. Very lucky timing indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Funny thing happened me where an ntl came to my friends house to install BB he couldnt do it after about 2 hours... I mentioned a simple system restore which he said woouldnt work... he leaves after trying everything I say to my friend give me 25 mins... low and behold the system restore worked :P

He also told me wirelss BB is better for gaming that wired :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement