Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up yet?

Options
  • 08-06-2007 5:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Anyone up yet?? Just thought I would check in and see if there is any other dedicated students of get up every morning at 5 o click?:D Notice that Im saying dedicated while I'm here on the boards when I should be looking over stair:p ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

5am lol a bit extreme I did mine leaving last year and got up to give myself enough time for a quick shower and nice proper breakfast... Nice and fresh.. but giving yourself 4 hours? I hope you get all A1's you deserve it :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Got up at 6 there, i really need to cram for irish....uuugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I hope you get all A1's you deserve it :P

Nah I doubt it...i just fell asleep on my desk:o

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Ordinary level irish....not worth the early morning rise. Unless you are doing HL, then it isnt really worth it. I have got my pass already, thats all I need. I may hang around for 30 mins for this exam, but thats it!!

Any other exam...and I would be up at 4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Pfft. I pity the fools!

I'm only up this early because I'm in serious trouble for Irish paper two. And because I was extra hungry this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Im screwed for irish. What have you learned for stair? i looked over ogham fiannaiocht ruraiocht bealoideas and cuairteanna filiochta:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I got up at 6 this morning. Learned ALL the Stair na Teanga between last night and this morning. I'm quite proud of that achievement.

Now I just have to bs my way through the rest of the exam.

"Is cinnte go n-aontaím go hiomlán le ráiteas na ceiste seo. Léiriú fíor-éiféachtach atá againn anseo ar......"

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I got up at 6 this morning. Learned ALL the Stair na Teanga between last night and this morning. I'm quite proud of that achievement.

30. ****ing. Marks. Thirty.

You'd nearly get that for putting down Pairc an Chrocaigh 3 times yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Goodluck to you all anyway lads!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

cson wrote:
    30. ****ing. Marks. Thirty.

You'd nearly get that for putting down Pairc an Chrocaigh 3 times yesterday.
    True. But the others are only 35 or 40 mark questions too. It's still nearly as important a part of the paper as the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Thank god I don't have to do Irish.I'd be completely ****ed at this minute.

*Laughs at all the irish do-ers*
    *Leaves topic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Last year I did pass....was such an enjoyable exam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I have my home ec paper at 2, set the alarm for 4.25. Woke up, passed out because I'm seriously sick and then couldn't get the energy to get out of bed until 10. Gah! Why am I sick?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

earliest i've got up was at 8, really starting to think i'm not bothering whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

sternn wrote:
    Ordinary level irish....not worth the early morning rise. Unless you are doing HL, then it isnt really worth it. I have got my pass already, thats all I need. I may hang around for 30 mins for this exam, but thats it!!

Any other exam...and I would be up at 4 :D

well tbh its going to be one of the subjects thats counted so i want to get the most out of it like, points are points!

annnnnd it went really well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Get up early! i would never do that! You see when youve actually done something .... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

DeafVision wrote:
    I hope you get all A1's you deserve it :P

The bell curve takes no prisoners

Aye this be true. The bell curve shall make mincemeat out of thee. No As for everybody!theres has to be Bs, there has to be Cs even some Ds,Es,Fs and NGs.

So let us hope there are lots of lazy ppl to take them grades and prop us up to As!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

Ive been up the last three mornings at 5, hopefully it paid off because Im sooo tired now! Glad to hear Im not the only one!:D

Aye this is the CRITICAL weekend where everyone recharges their batteries after the last 3 days. Next week will start with a flurry of activity but by Wednesday evening most shall only have one or 2 spread out subjects left.

• Advertisement

So let us hope there are lots of lazy ppl to take them grades and prop us up to As!

The department can only allow a certain amount of people to get As. And by certain amount I do of course mean an exact quota. Any fluctuations in the bell curve could have dire consequences for the land!

Beware the bell curve for it will be the death of many students in August :eek:

Thus the need for those lzy ppl. Next time you hear someone complaining about the leaving cert dont feel superior, you should thank them for they have made your task of getting an A that much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Argh, not this fúcking argument again.

There's no marking to a curve, the law of averages states that there will be a bell curve and they adjust the marking schemes to make em tougher or easier if too many people seem to be doing well or badly.

Basically, if the results reflect a bell curve, there's a high probability that the papers have all been marked fairly, so they adjust the marking schemes accordingly and aim for this shape of graph, but there's none of this assigning a certain amount of As, Bs etc. and marking up and down at random to facilitate this.

Aye JC i agree but if theres more lazy ppl doing badly then theyre not going to adjust the marking scheme upwardsbut hopefully downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd consider 8:45 to be early for me :)

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Argh, not this fúcking argument again.

There's no marking to a curve, the law of averages states that there will be a bell curve and they adjust the marking schemes to make em tougher or easier if too many people seem to be doing well or badly.

Basically, if the results reflect a bell curve, there's a high probability that the papers have all been marked fairly, so they adjust the marking schemes accordingly and aim for this shape of graph, but there's none of this assigning a certain amount of As, Bs etc. and marking up and down at random to facilitate this.

Lies. They dont mark you on your ability at all. Its all a big conspiracy involving the bell curve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roonels

nah staying up late is the way forward, i figure you either go hard or go home!:cool: if the adrenaline of the exams doesnt get you through a lack of sleep then its weird, im getting about 3-4 hours sleep a night, then sleeping for an hour in the evenings and im good to go. no pain no gain!

Advertisement