Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser detection script (joomla)

Options
  • 08-06-2007 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using joomla! and have a custom template that is failing in IE or Firefox depending on what I do. Does anyone have a good browser detection script? I am going to try something from here but maybe there is a better one out there?

I am aware that this shouldn't be an issue as proper coding should render my problems null but I can't get around the browser issue:

I'm using a custom menu module (mod_exmenu) to give me uniquely styled main menu items and the id#s and classes used make it impossible for me to style things as I would normally, hence my coding/styling has to work with the module itself as opposed to the coding I want.

Are there any other issues I need to think about now that I am going down the browser detection route? Presumably browsers with javascript-off won't see the script, anything else I may need to know?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Gordon wrote:
    Are there any other issues I need to think about now that I am going down the browser detection route? Presumably browsers with javascript-off won't see the script, anything else I may need to know?

Javascript off .. probably means your menu system won't work ... unless its entirely css based ... ?

The script that you have linked to is relying on the headers sent by the browser to the server so whether javascript is on or off shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Relying on headers is all well and good until Opera users come along :)

Advertisement