Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why can't I access a forum?

Options
  • 08-06-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

OK, so I started a thread on Gigs and Events looking for a George Michael ticket. I tried to get back in to check the thread later and couldn't.

Have I been banned? Is what I did not allowed? And before anyone asks, no, the gig wasn't run by the music company that shall not be named.

I have e-mailed admin and sent a PM to a moderator in the Music forum and still haven't heard anything back - that was two days ago. If anyone could shed some light on the subject, that would be nice, cos it's bloody irritating!

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What is the url for the thread as I can't find a thread or a post of yours in the Gigs/Events forum. Although you are banned from that forum.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Trading tickets is against the forum rules. If you want to get tickets, there's the boards.ie sister site adverts.ie for that sort of thing. It seems like there must be a zero tolerance policy on it in that forum because it's such a frequent problem.

All I can suggest is that people read forum charters before posting to avoid this sort of thing.

Edit: Gordo: it's here (fourth thread down) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=124&page=2&order=desc, but the OP is missing. Very strange. Boards seems to be quite buggy recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Thanks for that. I obviously should have read the charter before posting.

But seriously, would it have taken much to just PM me and let me know about this? A bit of common courtesy wouldn't go amiss now and again. Does this mean I'm banned from Gigs and Events from now on? A simple message saying, don't do that, would have worked!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

hot fuss wrote:

But seriously, would it have taken much to just PM me and let me know about this? A bit of common courtesy wouldn't go amiss now and again. Does this mean I'm banned from Gigs and Events from now on? A simple message saying, don't do that, would have worked!
    Maybe, but that wouldn't be zero tolerance, would it?

I'm not sure about the PM issue. I think mods should PM users when they're banned, but I don't call the shots on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

hot fuss wrote:

Its common sense to read the charter of each forum before you post there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

No tickets either on adverts.ie

The rule also applies there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think mods should PM users when they're banned, but I don't call the shots on that one.

Completely agree - it saves other people having to dig out the reason why they were banned.

Anti wrote:
    Its common sense to read the charter of each forum before you post there.

Thanks for that really helpful comment.

Spankeh wrote:
    No tickets either on adverts.ie

The rule also applies there too.
    Oops, didn't realise that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

each forum that has a sticky that usually says charter read before posting. in the case of Gigs and Events it's even in block letters! did you read the charter before postin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

For not reading it look where, you got yourself....Banned.

Im mean its not like you were not warned before entering the forum.

readhereyamuppetzp8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

hot fuss wrote:
    Thanks for that really helpful comment.

Well he's right.

Why should a moderator take time out of his/her day to take you by the hand, when all the information you needed was directly available to you and could have saved both you and the moderator time if you had just read it.

Now, I agree that mods should PM user that they ban, but for things like MCD threads in gigs, and ticket sales I imagine it would just get tedious and annoying, especially when it could easily have been avoided by reading the "READ THIS FIRST" thread at the top of most forums.

Good God people, can you please relax?

I asked a simple question, and had my query answered in a very nice way. I pointed out myself that I had made a mistake not reading the charter, and didn't need that pointed out to me after.

Seriously, I'm sure there are more interesting threads to post on right now, rather than stating the obvious on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

hot fuss wrote:
    Good God people, can you please relax?

I asked a simple question, and had my query answered in a very nice way. I pointed out myself that I had made a mistake not reading the charter, and didn't need that pointed out to me after.

Seriously, I'm sure there are more interesting threads to post on right now, rather than stating the obvious on this one!

don't bother mate, you'll just get a roasting off them either way. What you did was sinful you know... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Computerproblem

Hot fuss, it's fairly obvious that you are a social deviant. I mean not reading the rules of a forum before posting.. how could you do it? That would be like not reading the instructions on a corn flakes box or not carefully opening your milk carton along the preferorated edges (assuming you're not such a deviant as to use screw-on tops).

However you are lucky to have the good people of this forum to advise and remind you of your heinous mistake. Let this be a lesson.

don't bother mate, you'll just get a roasting off them either way. What you did was sinful you know... ;)

I'll just get my coat and I'll be off to confession... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Anti wrote:
    For not reading it look where, you got yourself....Banned.

Im mean its not like you were not warned before entering the forum.

Ah, the old adage - kettle calling black arse to the pot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I just got PM-ed by hot fuss today asking how long is his / her ban from Gigs / Events and who to contact about it.

I'm guessing it's already been addressed here so i'll leave it at that.

Advertisement