Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panniers on Road Bike

Options
  • 08-06-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello

I'm doing the Camino De Santiago in September - it's about 850K from the South of France to Santiago De Compestela in the Northwest of Spain. I'd like to use my trusty road bike for the trip, it's a Giant OCR4, not a fancy bike but very reliable.

Anyway, my options are to fit a pannier frame to the back of the bike and carry panniers or to get something like a Bob trailer to tow along behind me. I just wanted to know what you all thought about carrying panniers on a road bike, and if you have any other suggesions that might be good.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Regarding panniers - does your frame have fittings to attach a carrier? If not you'd have to use p-clips to attach one or use a seat post mounted rack. Neither option would be ideal for carrying the amount of stuff you're likely to need for the trip.

Advertisement