Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overlord

• 08-06-2007 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone been following this game? Looks like alot of fun and now there's a demo up on the marketplace.

Basically you're an evil bastard who goes round taking over villages and killing their heroes with a horde of minions who you control. It's out June 29th.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

pipped at the post! bastid :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

lol

could a mod please merge the threads or something?
    50% into my download, it's taking ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, been reading about it for a while now, looks like it could be interesting, for a while anyway. Bit of a mix between Dungeon Keeper and.... Pikmin (according to EG anyway). Very Dungeon-Keeper-esque in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Pikmin?!?! Im there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Anyone else sick of them ruining great games with magic :mad:

• Advertisement

anto1208 wrote:
    No...?

anto1208 wrote:

damn right!
    Especially that old classic: Magic Carpet. That would have been so much better if it was just Carpet. Think of the possibilities that were never realised because they included some pesky magic! it makes me sad :(

Urrgh, not this again, no everyone else isn't sick of games with magic in them, or "that lord of the rings shit".

Oh man I'm defintely buying this game! The demo is great fun and the game seems full of humour!

End of June is gonna be costly. Resi 4 Wii, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and now Overlord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Scruff wrote:
    damn right!
    Especially that old classic: Magic Carpet. That would have been so much better if it was just Carpet. Think of the possibilities that were never realised because they included some pesky magic! it makes me sad :(

Well id rush home for a game of carpet :D

I allways wonder why they make these games when the next gen consoles are mainly going to be owned by people 25 + and if your over 12 and still into magic you need to ask yourself some serious questions and prob move out of your moms house :p

• Advertisement

Anto tell that to the multitude of authors who earn millions from writing sci-fi/fantasy novels. If you don't like magic, fair enough but to dismiss it entirely cos you think it's childish is ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Game looked interesting enough in the trailers though it was never something I was waiting for or anything. The demo was disappointing though and I doubt I'll be picking this up.

The setting feels like its ripped straight from Fable, with the music and the "country bumpkin" accents of the NPCs. The graphics aren't even that much of an improvement over Fable's, and it's got the same linear pathway design to the levels. And whats with all the helping of people? Help this farmer clear out his farm, rescue these villagers from a prison camp. WTF? I'm meant to be evil. EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!

Wasnt that impressed with the demo. The camera was wrecking my head. Seemed a bit too easy, event if ye didnt know what to do just moving the minions everywhere on the screen would eventually get them to do what ever that was needed. You can be too far back from the action to have a decent view of whats going on, not that it would matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

i really liked it, i have seen it on ebay new & sealed inc postage 40e. im going to buy it. it will be shipped on friday release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

overlord has a medievil (ps1) feel to it.

Advertisement