Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to add SATA power connections

Options
  • 08-06-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I’m building a HTPC in an Antec Fusion case which comes with a built in PSU. The PSU has loads of molex power cables but has only one SATA power cable (which has 2 connections on it, both male I think). I’m using this power cable for my 2 SATA HDDs so need to more SATA connections to power my DVD drive. I’ll hopefully be able to pick it up in Maplins or Peats today.

Would something like this which seems to connect to a 4-pin molex cable and give 2 SATA connections be the right thing for me to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep, if you want more then 1 sata drive that will do perfectly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks Anti,

Do you reckon places like Harvey Norman or PC World etc would stock these cables (just trying to find a place that would be handy to pick it up this afternoon - working in Sandyford so don't want to head into town unless needed)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep pcworld stock them, Same with peats and maplins.

If you work out in sandyford call over to me on monday i have a box load of these things.

I work in MS.

Advertisement