Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper Two (H) - The Fallout

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Apparently not..check the back of Fiúntas or whatever book you have.

I only wrote two pages for An Triail, but I console myself that I get 12-13-sometimes 14 words a line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

The paper was great! Best paper I could have hoped for.

Bean Óg - easy

Cearrbhach - the béaloidis question was lovely

A Thig Ná Tit Orm - bunscoil question made me want to cry with joy

Poems were on the page. Enough said.

Stair the Gaeilge - na hAnnála, meath na Gaeilge and an Ghaeilge mar teanga Ceilteach was always going to come up

I felt I was pressed for time though. I didn't have time to read over all my answers but all in all, Irish has been great this year.

Im the exact same! Did the same questions as you too! Loved this paper!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dán Grá Cuirte is the same as Dán Grá.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

how many pages should you write for An Triail..?

and doesn't imní mean disappointment PLEASE tell me its disappointment...!

imní = eagla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Does 'imni' not mean worry/anxiety?

I was always sure it meant worry...not fear?

Yeah you're right.

It's used sometimes instead of eagla though.

It took me a few minutes to come to terms with the fact that I won't be doing Irish again. Not in a 'yay never again' way though, a kind of sad way. The language grew on me. A year doing paper 2 all leading up to today, bit of an anticlimax if you ask me. Actually for the most part the whole LC has been a big anticlimax. No major drama whatsoever.

Oh and a question thats been troubling me of late....How the hell do you get the fada's on the posts? Is there some tool when you're writing a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

cson wrote:
    Oh and a question thats been troubling me of late....How the hell do you get the fada's on the posts? Is there some tool when you're writing a post?
    Alt Gr + letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Oh. I always used CTRL ALT and letter. Learn somethin new every day I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 -blondie-

I was really happy-except for the Stair nd Gaelige! The rest was brill!

Funny, I liked stair na gaeilge. Bit dissapointed that bealoidis didn't come up, but all was redeemed when it came in the Cearrbhach... question. Thought Meath Na Gaeilge was kinda predicted and Dán Grá is pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

JC 2K3 wrote:
    OH THANK GOD!
    Bit of consolation there. Pretty much messed up the rest of the paper :'(

Deoir shingle. LOL don't even care it's wrong, NO MORE IRISH, EVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

cson wrote:
    Does 'imni' not mean worry/anxiety?

I was always sure it meant worry...not fear?

yup you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

JC 2K3 wrote:

yuuuuus... I <3 stair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

oh my god,the stair na gaeilge was a complete disaster! nothing we'd studied came up....no bealoideas, no ruraiocht, no fiannaiocht, no eagraiochtai gaeilge, no cuirteanna filiochta, none of these poets that id banked on: aogan o rathaile, nuala ni dhomhnaill, sean o riordain, mairtin o direan, caitlin maude... :(:(:(
    i was able to answer a bit on maire mhac an tsaoi and art mac cumhaigh...
    as for my second question,heres what i wrote for padraig piaras and the athbheochan:

rugadh padraig macpiaras i mBaile atha cliath (i dont know if he was or not)
    bhi cail air mar dhliodoir.
    muinteoir meanscoile ba ea e freisin
    bhi a lan gra aige da theanga gaeilge agus ghlac se pairt mhor san athbheochan gaeigle :D
    fuair se bas sa bhliain 1916

will i get maybe 1 or 2 marks for that????out of pity,if nothing else???

on the bright side,i had enough time left over to answer both maigdileana and uirchill...think i did better on uirchill.
    the rest of the paper was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

I did the padriag mac piaras/athbheocan one, but I didn't mention padraig at all! I had the athbheocan one learnt off, but i didn't know enough about him to risk writing something wrong. Will I lose half the marks for that?

Ye could have said Pearse was the editor of An Claidheamh Solius when he was just 23 (I think it was 23) too. This was part of the Gaelic League Irish revival thing that was going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I said he set up Colaiste Eanna in Dublin. I also did the meath na Gaeilge. I wrote about the famine: Decline in Irish because people died because there was no potatoes! I think the examiner was concerned when she saw me laughing to myself!:)

I threw down an extra one for the athbheocan question - "Padraig Pearse took part in the easter rising which led to Irelands independence which indirectly helped the revival of the language"

And for the Meath - "Daniel O'Connell spoke out against the irish language and its use and many agreed with him (especially me)."

• Advertisement

For Meath na Gaeilge, I also said the establishment of the national schools led to the English (the bastards that they are) putting a lot of emphasise on the English language and banning Irish being spoken in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I just realised I mixed up 'cuimsitheach' and 'cumasach'. Oh noezz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Pearse was also runaí of Connradh na Gaeilge which was set up in 1893

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I didn't say any of that for meath na gaeilge. Whoops. I wrote about the MPs in Westminister representing Ireland weren't allowed to speak irish, to get a job you had to have english so there was no function there for irish. The church didn't like the language apparently either and of course there was the famine too.

carlowboy wrote:
    I didn't say any of that for meath na gaeilge. Whoops. I wrote about the MPs in Westminister representing Ireland weren't allowed to speak irish, to get a job you had to have english so there was no function there for irish. The church didn't like the language apparently either and of course there was the famine too.
    That should be alright. There's nothing really specific to the 19th century on its, but what you mentioned would have had an impact in the 19th century too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bebop!

Im a bit worried bout my stair question ,,, well its only 30 marks so im not gona get too stressed but some people are sayin that if you wrote the danta gra for the danta gra cuirte question that its grand there the same thing,,, but others are sayin there not the same !! Im afraid i think i was wrong to write about the plain old danta gra but my other question "gaeilge mar theanga blah blah blah..." was grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It was all great except for Stair na Gaeilge. I wrote 2 pages on Gaeilge mar Theanga Cheilteach; didn't know any of the others, but at least it's a guaranteed 15 marks :\.

TBH I was expecting more comedy from the Aural. Ok there was the women politicians jibe but honestly, where the hell were the taibléidí ecstacy?

Advertisement