Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB Transmitters

Options
  • 08-06-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with details of locations of transmitters for digiweb and NET1 wireless BB in and around the Virginia / Kells / Mullagh area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ring Digiweb and Net1?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

watty wrote:
    Ring Digiweb and Net1?

Yes.. that is the obvious answer so i should have expected it!!

However I have found a lack of willingness on Digiwebs part to divulge this TOP SECRET information, and a distinct lack of willingness of NET1 to even answer the damn phone or the many emails i have sent them..

I live in an area which is not covered directly by either company but I can see a number of masts at distances of about 5 - 10 kms from me.

My vain hope was to invest in my own wireless kit with high gain antenna to see if I can get a signal and then IF i can to contact them...

Carry out my own line of sight test.... as it were... seeing as how I cant get them to do it for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You might be an eircom Shill :)

It costs money and gear to check for Wireless Access. There are so many variables. one house can work and a neighbour not.

So mostly you have to order it and only pay if it works.

Many of the Wireless technologies are not available directly to the public. Due to security systems can't be connected without authorisation. The FEC & modulation techniques make an ordinary signal level analogue meter useless unless you know what system they are using (hopping or fast chipped Spread spectrum, OFDM, QPSK, QAM, etc...).

Most masts are for phones.

Advertisement