Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Network Coverage

• 08-06-2007 1:54pm

Hello.

I am considering a move to the three network in Nortern Ireland. Does anyone know what the network coverage is like for voice calls?

Also, when you travel into the south, what would the best network be to use?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I am considering a move to the three network in Nortern Ireland. Does anyone know what the network coverage is like for voice calls?

Don't know what the coverage is like in the north.
    EDIT: If the coverage is patchy I assume they would have a roaming agreement set up with another network.
    Also, when you travel into the south, what would the best network be to use?

Are you on about when roaming with three or what would be the best mobile network to join in the south. If you are on about roaming the best network to pick would be three as it doesn't cost any extra. It would be like you were on the three network up north :)

Re: roaming. Cheers, I'm sorry I didn't make that very clear. But yes I meant roaming? Really, I would move onto three with same costs?!

Re: coverage. According to their map on their web site, it says it should have almost full coverage of NI... just would like the opinion of someone on the network for a personal opinion on that one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Re: roaming. Cheers, I'm sorry I didn't make that very clear. But yes I meant roaming? Really, I would move onto three with same costs?!

Re: coverage. According to their map on their web site, it says it should have almost full coverage of NI... just would like the opinion of someone on the network for a personal opinion on that one.

Well down here three have around 80% coverage and when you go outside of that you fallback on the vodafone network. I imagine three would have a similar agreement with an operator in the north if they didn't have near full coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

In N.Ireland, if a 3 phone goes outside a 3 coverage area it roams on to the Orange network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Also, roaming in Ireland will be free for you thanks to "3 like home", as long as you roam in the 3 Ireland network.

• Advertisement

Thanks so far for everyone's comments. I will be moving to three as a new number and all.

Anyone have any NI comments about the service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

and sure they got over 80% coverage in ireland in less than two years not including vodafone back up

they've been in the UK for 4 years so wouldnt it have high penetration in the north? then again ive been to a lot of countries and Ireland is well up there for coverage

Actually just wondering what the 3 coverage up north is as I have a lot of relatives up there (especially in Tyrone) and it would be nice to not get ripped off while roaming.

Advertisement