Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting new phone - Noika 6300 or 6234

• 08-06-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I am a vodafone bill pay (PF 100) and need a new phone. Looking at carphone warehouse & vodafone, the best buy seems to me Noika 6300 for 69euro or 6234 for 39 euro. I don't care about 3G, just calls, text, a few photos and good battery life. Any advice? or have I chosen wrong phones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

For Battery life, yes, you have. I've had both phones and I only ever got about 1.5 to 2 days out of them. If this is okay with you, go for the 6300. Exact same phones (bar the 3G element) but the 6300 is much slimmer, lighter and just nicer to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I have a 6234 with VF and the battery life is very good. I've never liked it, mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For battery life get the Sony Ericsson W810i I reckon...

If you don't want 3G just avoid the 6234, and get the 6300 if you'd be happy with a 2 day battery life - it's a dam nice phone with the battery being the only thing to let it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Def the 6300 its cool looking the 6234 is ugly as hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Get the 6300. It's newer and looks better. It'll probably be my next phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If you want a phone with long battery life get a walkman branded sony ericsson.They are geared for use as an mp3 player so you'll get 4 or 5 days out of it for voice calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

K750i and the W810i have some of the longest battery lifes I know.

I'd also go for the 6300 over the 6234 if 3G isn't an issue - it's slimmer and just feels nicer to use imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Thanks everybody for the advice since my first post. Here is a follow-up you may find interesting

I got the 6300 3 weeks ago (two in fact) and I like them... Slim, stylist, good features. Sound quality ok, not the best. As its a steel case, I got them engraved, which I think looks cool. Overall very happy with phone

BUT there is a known fault with some batches…. What happens, is as follows: Once you switch on the phone, you can see the Memory Card folder in the phone, but after 5-10 minutes the folder disappears, you can no more access the MicroSD memory card. My first thoughts were a faulty memory card, but it happened with both phone, so very unlikely. After some searching, it turns out I wasn’t alone. See Nokia Forums
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=phones&message.id=17758
    I brought both phone back to CPW and after lots of discussion - including staff insisting on formatting the memory card to prove it was my fault – I got two new phones again and both are perfect.

So beware…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lol typical of phone shop they know all about problems but lose money if they have to refund! so they INSIST its customers fault!

Advertisement