Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting bike back on the road - taxing

• 08-06-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

This is probably very straightforward, but here goes anyway..

Bike has been off the road for about 18 months, looking to get it all re-taxed and insured so I can have a few months of fun before I have to sell it. Now stupidly enough, when I got the tax renewal form a year and a bit ago, I just let it sit and only recently read the part where you have to declare your vehicle as off the road. D'oh.

If I turn up at the tax office with this severely outdated form, am I going to face problems in getting a tax disc for the bike? Is a years tax still 65 euro and are they going to make me pay arrears because I didn't properly declare the bike as off the road? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i think you need something from the gardai to confirm it was off the road.
    call the garda station and ask them is there a form they need to stamp for you.

if you go in to the tax office with noithing its likely theyll try to charge you the full whack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

there's a part on the form where you can delcare it off the road but you have to get it stamped at the police station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

has the ship not sailed on me declaring it off the road now though? I mean shouldnt I have done that when it actually went off the road? Don't really wanna pay a couple of hundred quid to re-tax the bike if I dont have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thats why you have to talk to the gardai.
    if they take your word theyll stamp the form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

subway wrote:
    thats why you have to talk to the gardai.
    if they take your word theyll stamp the form

yep i know somebody who managed to avoid paying the back tax on a car that was parked up for nearly 4 years! just got the garda to sign the form and all was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

it just says on the form to fill the non-use part in at your local cop shop : https://www.motortax.ie/mtoapp/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf you might as well chance your arm!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can have that form stamped after the fact, no problem. Any time I had to get one stamped they barely glanced at it. And the fee is still 67 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

great stuff... shall attend to it on monday. thanks all

Advertisement